Ultra Line Out no sound

saberger1

Up until this afternoon the Ultra was working fine, other then Chromecast being very flaky. Then about an hour ago I was listening to a record, with the Line Out connected from my McIntosh preamp to my McIntosh amp, and the sound disappeared. I've been using the Ultra as a remote control for when I have it hooked up like this, with my pre connected through it's Tape Out into the Ultra's Line In, and the Line Out connected to the pre's Tape In. And then I engage the pre's Tape Monitor switch so that I can control volume through the Ultra. Was working fine and then no sound. Played around with different settings, and eventually the sound came back. But then I lost it again. Connected the amp to the Line Out, and still no sound. Going to reboot but this is really disturbing.

Rebooting got the sound back with the amp connected directly to the Ultra. I'll report back if the problem reappears.

This is all after the latest software update BTW.

Best to submit a ticket direct to WiiM when it happens so they can investigate it
The issue now seems to be that when I go from Line In to another source, say Wi-Fi, and then stop that second source, the app will show that I'm back to Line In if it's being used. But there's still nothing coming from that source even though it's being used. My fix has been to change to another source and then back manually to Line In and the sound comes back.

Yes I'll send a ticket but posting here in case anyone else has noticed a similar issue.

Back