Ultra room correction results

What you guys talk about here is a bit too much for me, especially for the evening. My plan is to have Ultra with sub out. RC is something mandatory for me, especially for the sub connected with main speakers. Will I get this autocorrection, or it's not decided yet?

Bummer, I just argued against it. :p
When I used to have mini dsp, I was blown away how much customization you can do. Wide range of slope and you can overlap and many others. Hmm would it be possible to have minidsp customization look alike via firmware? I maybe asking too much 😂

What you guys talk about here is a bit too much for me, especially for the evening. My plan is to have Ultra with sub out. RC is something mandatory for me, especially for the sub connected with main speakers. Will I get this autocorrection, or it's not decided yet?
You can use sub on ultra but once you set the crossover let say 80 anything below 80 will not be getting correction. No sub will go with the range you set.

When I used to have mini dsp, I was blown away how much customization you can do. Wide range of slope and you can overlap and many others. Hmm would it be possible to have minidsp customization look alike via firmware? I maybe asking too much 😂

As I understand it if you have room issues, you may need some speaker/subwoofer overlap? so speaker high pass and subwoofer low pass which are independent could be useful.

The outlaw ICBM-1 I use has a single crossover setting, set it to 80hz, <80hz to sub, >80hz to speakers

I do have an acoustic problem every time I run rc, it cut 80hz 12db and everything else is within 2 to 3db .

My Lyngdorf offers all that and much more. Guess what? In the end I choose 4th order Linkwitz-Riley filters with exactly the same crossover frequency (200 Hz) for my mains and my subs. Just what WiiM Amp and WiiM Ultra can offer (except native stereo subs).

Just varying the crossover frequency (precisely to a single Hertz), the level (precisely to the decibel) and latency (precisely to the millisecond) is usually all it needs to get sub integration sorted even in critical rooms. The remaining percentage of cases where just overlap (or in fact a dip) would solve the problem are just too rare.

It certainly could be done rather easily. It's just not WiiM's main focus. More harm than good could be done by users not really understanding these settings.

I do have an acoustic problem every time I run rc, it cut 80hz 12db and everything else is within 2 to 3db .
Can you measure the result independently? You need to know the root cause. Just wildly overlapping sub and mains by trial and error will never be enough to solve any room acoustics problem.

My Lyngdorf offers all that and much more. Guess what? In the end I choose 4th order Linkwitz-Riley filters with exactly the same crossover frequency (200 Hz) for my mains and my subs. Just what WiiM Amp and WiiM Ultra can offer (except native stereo subs).

Just varying the crossover frequency (precisely to a single Hertz), the level (precisely to the decibel) and latency (precisely to the millisecond) is usually all it needs to get sub integration sorted even in critical rooms. The remaining percentage of cases where just overlap (or in fact a dip) would solve the problem are just too rare.

It certainly could be done rather easily. It's just not WiiM's main focus. More harm than good could be done by users not really understanding these settings.

Why do you have your speakers set so high? Even my smallest speakers have F3 of 80hz and they're little bookshelf speakers with 4" drivers

Can you measure the result independently? You need to know the root cause. Just wildly overlapping sub and mains by trial and error will never be enough to solve any room acoustics problem.
The speaker port is in the rear and the distance is 1 foot from rear wall. I move them out with additional 6 inch did not made difference it’s still cutting 12db. I guess if the setting on wiim can go 20 it would use all the up.

Why do you have your speakers set so high? Even my smallest speakers have F3 of 80hz and they're little bookshelf speakers with 4" drivers
Give it a try (using stereo subs). The LS50 Meta can go down below 70 Hz in-room, but at higher levers distortion rises noticeably below 200 Hz. This will be even worse with smaller woofers. Lyngdorf subs on the other hand can easily play much higher than 200 Hz with ease. The mains are positioned rather close to the subs for this to work out.

I now have 2 x 400 Watts dedicated to the bass region below 200 Hz and 2 x 120 Watts for the mains. Very clean up to pretty insane levels.

For the coaxial drivers there is the added benefit of the mid-woofer cones hardly moving at all. Their cones act as a waveguide for the tweeter so less cone movement means less modulation of the tweeters output.

The speaker port is in the rear and the distance is 1 foot from rear wall. I move them out with additional 6 inch did not made difference it’s still cutting 12db. I guess if the setting on wiim can go 20 it would use all the up.
You really need to make acoustical measurements to see what's going on.

I have wiim amp. I will see if this behavior same as ultra. RC with sub is critical getting proper integration on response both speaker and sub.
If it works on the amp, but not the Ultra, maybe we should open a support ticket (on the Ultra so they don't remove it from the amp)?

All you audiophiles out there - roomcorrection isnt a magic soundsolution that can solve all soundproblems from non perfect installations of your speakers .

A perfectly placed stereoset of speakers in the room will often sound better without any roomcorrection . A bad placed set of speakers in a room can get a little better with room correction than without, but will never sound as good as a perfect installed stereoset of speakers.

All you audiophiles out there - roomcorrection isnt a magic soundsolution that can solve all soundproblems from non perfect installations of your speakers .

A perfectly placed stereoset of speakers in the room will often sound better without any roomcorrection . A bad placed set of speakers in a room can get a little better with room correction than without, but will never sound as good as a perfect installed stereoset of speakers.
Indeed, many can’t move their speakers for adjustment or can do room treatment. This where rc can make a difference. I wonder listening music inside anechoic chamber would be like?

All that goes without saying.

Give it a try (using stereo subs). The LS50 Meta can go down below 70 Hz in-room, but at higher levers distortion rises noticeably below 200 Hz. This will be even worse with smaller woofers. Lyngdorf subs on the other hand can easily play much higher than 200 Hz with ease. The mains are positioned rather close to the subs for this to work out.

I now have 2 x 400 Watts dedicated to the bass region below 200 Hz and 2 x 120 Watts for the mains. Very clean up to pretty insane levels.

For the coaxial drivers there is the added benefit of the mid-woofer cones hardly moving at all. Their cones act as a waveguide for the tweeter so less cone movement means less modulation of the tweeters output.

You really need to make acoustical measurements to see what's going on.

When I've read owners of LS50 they usually set them to small 100-120hz.

I had them crossed at 150 Hz with a pair of BKelec XLS200-FF (higher would result in worse SQ) but with the Lyngdorf subs 200 Hz definitely has the edge.

I had them crossed at 150 Hz with a pair of BKelec XLS200-FF (higher would result in worse SQ) but with the Lyngdorf subs 200 Hz definitely has the edge.
I am surprised the BKs go that high. Their internal crossover range is 40-120Hz.

mounted so high requires two subs, not really subs anymore, and a lot of phase position efforts etc etc ... we are no longer in a 2+1 at 60-70hz on a pair of libraries etc

Back