Updated Products Roadmap

Don’t know about the Mini, but the Pro (Plus) and Amp are Squeezelite players which resembles very much to a PlexAmp endpoint.

DLNA cast and PEQ per channels are outstanding for me, but on the other side no sign of ASRC and fixed resolution functionality...
This is listed for the pro/plus. Which model do you have?

Configurable ASRC and fixed sample rate to eliminate the pop noise for specific external DAC (5/30)

Wiim mini won't get Dlna cast future? Isn't that app option like bublleupnp app have?

I was thinking that app was responsible for Dlna cast,like bublleupnp and Hificast and any other upnp cast app,app controlled wich player can play and from what source(server,phone...)
Remember with WiiM that it’s the WiiM device that the audio is delivered to from one source or another - the WiiM Home app is more of a remote control point and isn’t involved in the audio path

6/15 is a major release date, will it get delivered? I think wiim did not put that date if they can’t.

6/15 is a major release date, will it get delivered? I think wiim did not put that date if they can’t.
Remember the Ultra is hovering in the wings for release around then or later - they’re maybe trying to pull out all the stops and have it land with even more features.

I was thinking that app was responsible for Dlna cast,like bublleupnp and Hificast and any other upnp cast app,app controlled wich player can play and from what source(server,phone...)
The app is responsible for discovery and initiating the "cast", but not for the delivery of the audio itself.
Normally a UPnP speaker would connect directly to a UPnP server to get the media, but it likely doesn't have the ability to authenticate to Qobuz (or any other online service) so the stream has to be repackaged (a http stream).
WiiM could have done that on the phone, but that's a horrible solution, requiring at least two legs of WiFi (assuming your UPnP speaker is wired).

Last edited:
This is listed for the pro/plus. Which model do you have?

Configurable ASRC and fixed sample rate to eliminate the pop noise for specific external DAC (5/30)
Hmm, I think I haven't seen it before, but maybe I was just focused on the Amp and I missed it. Thanks for pointing it out.

Hmm, I think I haven't seen it before, but maybe I was just focused on the Amp and I missed it. Thanks for pointing it out.
Once this feature lands we can look forward to some heated debates on bit perfect vs ASRC/FSR.

Last edited:
I can guess right now that the manual digital volume reduction will be recommended.

Once this feature lands we can look forward to some heated discussions about bit perfect vs SRC
Might be an argument over semantics. I personally prefer taking bit perfect as meaning the device doesn't make any unwanted changes to the audio signal - if you choose ASRC, volume limit, EQ etc etc, you're asking it to change the signal so bets are off. I use PEQ and a volume limit of 94% because that's what I prefer and personally don't get hung up about it not being "bit perfect" any longer :)

Soundtrack SDK Enhancement: Upgraded for an improved listening experience.

Does anyone knows what’s this?

Soundtrack SDK Enhancement: Upgraded for an improved listening experience.

Does anyone knows what’s this?
Sure it’s been discussed before - it’s for businesses who want to play music and be properly licensed so probably not of interest to individual users

Just noticed that, whilst almost all updates are for 15th and 30th June, landscape mode for android devices is set for 30th May - the day after tomorrow.

Hopefully that's not a typo and they really meant June.

Also hopefully it'll include the android app sideloaded on to a Fire tablet.

Just noticed that, whilst almost all updates are for 15th and 30th June, landscape mode for android devices is set for 30th May - the day after tomorrow.

I hope the date that was provided on roadmap will be delivered on time. We will see on the 30th which one will make it.

I can't help thinking if it was actually 30th May it would have been first on the list 🤔

Back