USB - Connection to DAC not found in WiiM Home app

On_a_wiim

I am trying to use the USB port to connect to my external DAC.

For some reason that option does not show up to choose as an audio output interface from the WiiM Home app.

Firmware is up to date, as is the app.

Any thoughts on this? I am eager to use the USB connection on Geshelli JNOG2 DAC.

Attachments

• IMG_0487.jpeg
    IMG_0487.jpeg
    861.3 KB · Views: 3

For some reason that option does not show up to choose as an audio output interface from the WiiM Home app.

Any thoughts on this? I am eager to use the USB connection on Geshelli JNOG2 DAC.
Have you connected the DAC to the USB port?

You need to have your external DAC connected and switched on before the WiiM Home app will detect it and show it as an available output.

You need to have your external DAC connected and switched on before the WiiM Home app will detect it and show it as an available output.
DAC is powered on and connected via USB cable.

I also went ahead and submitted a ticket through the app.

I am having the same issue, but I am trying to use the USB out to a laptop with Vinyl Studio loaded to digitize my LP's. USB does not appear as an available option for AUDIO OUT no matter what cable, power on sequence, etc. I do. Here are some facts:

Android version: 2.11.5.240906.9aeed4
Ultra Firmware: 5.2.627753
Date: 20240829

AUDIO INPUT used is PHONO.

Anyone else having similar issues? I guess I'll just have to open a Ticket with Wiim.

I am having the same issue, but I am trying to use the USB out to a laptop with Vinyl Studio loaded to digitize my LP's. USB does not appear as an available option for AUDIO OUT no matter what cable, power on sequence, etc. I do. Here are some facts:

Anyone else having similar issues? I guess I'll just have to open a Ticket with Wiim.
Have you checked at the PC end to see if the Ultra is detected? What does Vinylstudio show under the check level dialog if you can see and select the Ultra?

Have you checked at the PC end to see if the Ultra is detected? What does Vinylstudio show under the check level dialog if you can see and select the Ultra?
No, the Ultra is never detected on any USB-A or USB-C ports. Since USB is never displayed on the ULTRA, I would think the problem is at the WiiM end. I've even tried different computers, all with the same issue. Vinyl Studio never shows USB either.

Do you have some sort of the DAC emulator on your laptop and your USB port works as the slave device instead of the host?

In case anyone else is trying to use the USB OUT option on the Ultra, to connect to a computer and use Vinyl Studio, note according to WiiM support it is not possible.

"We apologize for the inconvenience, but the WiiM Ultra does not support USB output for connection to a computer."

Yet, in WiiM support FAQ's they state this:

"Compatibility with Modern Digital Devices: Many contemporary audio sources, such as computers, smartphones, and digital audio players, come equipped with USB ports. This makes it seamless to connect these devices directly to the audio receiver."

Which is very misleading in the way it is stated.

I am now searching for some sort of USB device that will act like a DAC, plug in to a USB port on a laptop, that will work with Vinyl Studio.
Any suggestions that don't cost an arm and a leg, would be appreciated.

Do you have some sort of the DAC emulator on your laptop and your USB port works as the slave device instead of the host?
Not yet, recommendations? WiiM support has stated the Ultra is not designed to work with a computer. I may be returning the Ultra as not supporting USB out to a computer is as strange as the HDMI being only an input.

Not yet, recommendations? WiiM support has stated the Ultra is not designed to work with a computer. I may be returning the Ultra as not supporting USB out to a computer is as strange as the HDMI being only an input.
May be a bit of research BEFORE buying?

Back