USB SSD not detected?

Try deleting cache and force close the app.
What kind of files are not detected?
Did you try transfer those files to another HDD to see if they are being detected there?
Just copy or transfer those files to another HDD/ USB stick and see what happens..

SSD has lower Power consumption you say.
But thats not where its about i would assume..has your issue something to do with the power? Be it enough or maybe just isn't..
Don't know if the power could be the problem at all.
If you connect a hhd be it SSD or not I would assume it would have to have its own power supply..am I sure? No.
But again has this all something to do with the power at all? That's the question.

Try transfer a big amount of you,re music files to an usb stick and see what happens then..

Last edited:
Try deleting cache and force close the app.
What kind of files are not detected?
Did you try transfer those files to another HDD to see if they are being detected there?
Just copy or transfer those files to another HDD/ USB stick and see what happens..
It just doesn't see the USB drive.

It works with a 2.5" HDD with no external power supply but won't work with either a SSD or a 3.5" HDD with a external power supply.

It works with a 2.5" HDD with no external power supply but won't work with either a SSD or a 3.5" HDD with a external power supply.
Whatever we propose here is just guess work. I would probably remove all partitions.from that SSD and create a new one, formatting it with either exFAT or NTFS. But I don't know what's going wrong when you connect that drive.

Your best bet is to attach the drive, wait for it to (not) appear and then immediately send feedback to WiiM through the WiiM Home App (not the support website). This will include your device logs along with your ticket.

If you plug the SSD with the same cable into another music player does that recognise it. If you don’t have a DAP maybe your car?

It sounds to me like Tiny Linux does not have the appropriate driver profile for said SSD. What manufacturer is the SSD from?

In any such case providing feedback through the WiiM Hilome App is the best way to deal with an anomalies.

Well after the firmware update, it still doesn't work.

It's Netac SSD. I'll send it back to Amazon.

Can anyone recommend a 500gb SSD or USB stick that definitely works with the Ultra?

Following on from my woes with a Netac SSD, can anyone recommend a 500gb SSD or USB stick that definitely works with the Ultra?

Can anyone recommend a 500gb SSD or USB stick that definitely works with the Ultra?
The Samsung T7 are great but I think minimum is 1tb.

Maybe Sandisk usb stick? Reliable brand I assume

Back