Using optical in

Jorge Martín

What if I use my ps3 optical output to the optical in of my wiim pro plus, the wiim will be disconnected from my wifi?? So I will not be able to control it with my cellphone? I's a stupid question I know, but I'm trying to think how will my cellphone control wiim having changed the input from wifi to optical.

Last edited:
WiiM has two separate things called WiFi.

First is for the network connection. You can use Ethernet or WiFi. You are using WiFi based on your post.

Second, one of the WiiM source inputs is WiFi (streaming). The other source inputs are SPDIF (Optical) and LINE. Selecting the Optical input on your WiiM will not affect the WiFi network connection. You'll still be able to use your cellphone to control your WiiM.

WiiM should label the WiFi input something different.

First is for the network connection. You can use Ethernet or WiFi. You are using WiFi based on your post.

Second, one of the WiiM source inputs is WiFi (streaming). The other source inputs are SPDIF (Optical) and LINE. Selecting the Optical input on your WiiM will not affect the WiFi network connection. You'll still be able to use your cellphone to control your WiiM.

Yes I realized that after my post. But I felt my mind stucked. You are true. They must have called differently the wifi input (for streaming from spotify, tidal, etc) from the internet connection called wifi too.
Thank you

Well nobody else has ever been confused by that 🤣

Back