Volume too loud. Can't get low volumes.

poohbear

Using line out to powered speakers. I'm mostly casting from Tidal and using my OnePlus Android phone as the controller. Whether I'm using Tidal casting, or the Wiim app on my mobile, or the Wiim Pro's buttons or the Google Home app, I simply cannot establish very quiet volumes. I can get "low" volume. I'd call it a 3 or 4 perhaps. But then it's straight to zero once I try to step it down. Top volumes are ridiculously loud and in total distortion territory with my 2 powered 70watt Adam T5C's. Need help to reset this.

Using line out to powered speakers. I'm mostly casting from Tidal and using my OnePlus Android phone as the controller. Whether I'm using Tidal casting, or the Wiim app on my mobile, or the Wiim Pro's buttons or the Google Home app, I simply cannot establish very quiet volumes. I can get "low" volume. I'd call it a 3 or 4 perhaps. But then it's straight to zero once I try to step it down. Top volumes are ridiculously loud and in total distortion territory with my 2 powered 70watt Adam T5C's. Need help to reset this.

Is the level on your Adam speakers set to 0 dB or less? There's no point in going any higher.

If the volume is still too high at 0 dB level you could reduce the output voltage on the WiiM Pro [Edit: Plus]. Start with the lowest available value in the output setup.

Last edited:
Is the level on your Adam speakers set to 0 dB or less? There's no point in going any higher.

If the volume is still too high at 0 dB level you could reduce the output voltage on the WiiM Pro Plus. Start with the lowest available value in the output setup.
I've just realised I've posted in the Plus troubleshooting forum but I have the Pro. Yes, the Adams are sat to 0dB. Thanks for your reply though.

I've just realised I've posted in the Plus troubleshooting forum but I have the Pro. Yes, the Adams are sat to 0dB. Thanks for your reply though.
The WiiM Pro should have an adjustable output voltage as well, I think.

Lowering the level on the Adams is another obvious solution.

Turns out to be a conflict with a separate app I use to add gain while riding my motorcycle. Some of the settings were still live after disconnecting my Bluetooth headset. All sorted and not a Wiim issue, apologies.

Back