vTuner no longer works?

Tacty

it looks like vTuner radio doesn't work anymore? there are no radio stations, search doesn't give any results back, could someone clarify is v Tuner still supported on wiim or not?

Given I'm not aware of a new version of the WiiM app nor of any firmware updates in the past few days, perhaps there's an issue at vTuner's end of things
i think we are heading into marantz/denon situation...meaning, you have to pay some money for continue to use it...i suppose people at wiim knows something about it...

and we are not alone...

Reactions: d.k
¿Parece que la radio vTuner ya no funciona? no hay estaciones de radio, la búsqueda no arroja ningún resultado, ¿podría alguien aclarar si v Tuner todavía es compatible con wiim o no?
mi mismo problema, no hay resultados de búsqueda desde ayer, estoy en México.

¿Parece que la radio vTuner ya no funciona? no hay estaciones de radio, la búsqueda no arroja ningún resultado, ¿podría alguien aclarar si v Tuner todavía es compatible con wiim o no?
Desde ayer 11-11-23 no funciona en Android, SI funciona en IOS, estoy en México.

Same issue for me, but for one data point: although Soma FM channels don't show in the vTuner search ("No Results") and I had no connection when using my presets, the channels did show in the "recently played" tab, and do connect from there. I added these over the old presets, and seem to be able to reliably connect. Maybe it's something on Soma's end? All their stations show on the vTuner website.

For troubleshooting purposes: Wiim Pro, up to date firmware and app, iOS and Android devices, vTuner listed stations work but no results when searching.

Last edited:
Ok,so what happens ,realy?vTuner gone,not working since 11/11/2023,and I see after 1 day can't connect Spotify to WiiM Pro Plus,Spotify played for one day and doesn't connect to device anymore.Maybe I need to switch to PREMIUM, only then can I connect to WiiM?And another strange thing: Tunein doesn't find some online streams, only FM. Or I can't catch some online-FM double transiqation streams that I catch on other devices. For example, Magic 80S Florida WiiM doesn't find it,doesn't catch French Jazz Longe Paris. What are we going to do?What should I do, return the device to the seller, or try to connect via Chromecast? What other solutions, maybe to contact the WiiM manufacturer for help? How can I notify WiiM ? My location is Lithuania, Vilnius

it looks like vTuner radio doesn't work anymore? there are no radio stations, search doesn't give any results back, could someone clarify is v Tuner still supported on wiim or not?
Ok,so what happens ,realy?vTuner gone,not working since 11/11/2023,and I see after 1 day can't connect Spotify to WiiM Pro Plus,Spotify played for one day and doesn't connect to device anymore.Maybe I need to switch to PREMIUM, only then can I connect to WiiM?And another strange thing: Tunein doesn't find some online streams, only FM. Or I can't catch some online-FM double transiqation streams that I catch on other devices. For example, Magic 80S Florida WiiM doesn't find it,doesn't catch French Jazz Longe Paris. What are we going to do?What should I do, return the device to the seller, or try to connect via Chromecast? What other solutions, maybe to contact the WiiM manufacturer for help? How can I notify WiiM ? My location is Lithuania, Vilnius

You can open a ticket to WiiM Support via your WiiM Home app. From what @Brantome reported above, they're well on the way to fixing the problem that vTuner apparently triggered. Re. Spotify, I think one has always needed a paid account to use Spotify Connect. But what you're seeing with TuneIn is well worth reporting. For the stations you mention specifically, have you tried entering the URLs to their streams in the Open Network Stream section of the app?

My vTuner access has been restored. This may be unrelated but it required a hard reset of my router, Android phone and the device to get the WiiM Mini and Android app to connect.

Hi guys,good news:vTuner is working again.I received a support email that it was an app problem and it was already fixed.Another thing, I found out that Spotify can be connected via chromecast and Premium is not needed.So everything is ok now.Just in case,maybe someone has other ways to connect free(not premium) Spotify version to WiiM(Pro Plus)

Back