Warning: avoid purchasing Sonos

The reason I have Sonos is I have a wife, four frequent visitors, and four grandchildren who will soon want to choose their own music. I want one app to rule them all.
The purchase of a WiiM Ultra would rule out the Sonos app as the one to "rule them all", so if you're actually seeking help then you need to consider other options.

Prepared again for headwind 😉
There is one software which rules them all! No hassle with Sonos, it works without any problem. (Own experience, no every forum typical hear say). Yes, it costs a few Euros. Guess what I'm thinking of..

There is one software which rules them all! No hassle with Sonos, it works without any problem. (Own experience, no every forum typical hear say). Yes, it costs a few Euros. Guess what I'm thinking of..
And it is exactly the same with LMS with the only caveats being that LMS does not support Apple or Amazon Music and that there are currently reports of difficulties with some (but not all) Play:1's.
With one "app" (Material skin) you can control everything in a seamless way.

No idea, because your meaning is so cryptic, I don't know what you're saying 🤔

And it is exactly the same with LMS with the only caveats being that LMS does not support Apple or Amazon Music and that there are currently reports of difficulties with some (but not all) Play:1's.
With one "app" (Material skin) you can control everything in a seamless way.
I am not bashing LMS, its ones own decision. But "my" way seems to be the easiest way.

Roon isn't really a viable solution for the average, typical Sonos user. Sonos' success in the consumer audio market has been its plug and play approach and independence from running and maintaining additional server or support hardware & software.

Most of those jumping the Sonos ship are switching to similar systems like HEOS, Bluesound. The newer KEF LSX range is a contender, but pricey at 1000 smackeroos per speaker pair.

If I understood right it was the question about a solution for a few already owned (Sonos) devices. I gave one which I know it works. Not more, not less. And, once more, the definition "pricey" isn't a stable value 😉

The whole 'Sonos Question' is a very touchy one at the moment. Believe me, I know having been caught in the furious crossfire over at the Sonos Community, and been banned twice by Calvinistic moderators with zero sense of irony.

(Your Nucleus One arrived yet?)

The whole 'Sonos Question' is a very touchy one at the moment. Believe me, I know having been caught in the furious crossfire over at the Sonos Community, and been banned twice by Calvinistic moderators with zero sense of irony.

(Your Nucleus One arrived yet?)
Sadly not. I think the timeline for the US said 15th of May. Our agent in the US is prepared to pick it up as soon as a go comes.

Back