What are you listening to?

Sorry, but I'll be away for a while. On Friday afternoon my wife fell in the street and broke her femur. She is awaiting surgery. I will come back with my suggestions, unsolicited, as soon as possible. ;)
Are you all ok :cool:
You know already what to tell her!

Sorry, but I'll be away for a while. On Friday afternoon my wife fell in the street and broke her femur. She is awaiting surgery. I will come back with my suggestions, unsolicited, as soon as possible. ;)
Hope she recovers quickly - all the best :)

I wish her recovery.
Please, Do not forget about your own care as well.

May be a few of you know this funny, but knowing elder guy and his YT videos already.
Not necessary to see his personal opinions as the only go-tos....but for a first overview of the classical repertoire it is always worth a look. Or two or more. 😉

Some old heroes still performing extremely well. Needed a while for me to like the album.
Again this Dolby Atmos nonsense brings fun. Nothing more needed. 😉

IMG_1477.jpeg

Foggy morning at the coast allows a sentimental mood.
Allows sentimental Country 😉

Screenshot_20230815_065050_Apple Music.jpeg

Time today for some ladies from the 60s 😉
"A British Leonard Cohen, mixed with Nico, admired by Nick Drake, John Martyn and Bowie, Bridget St. John was the square peg in England's folk-rock love-in" (Mojo)

IMG_1480.jpeg

All that Jazz 😉
The title and the story of the album is a hoax. Not recorded live in a club named "The Club" as suggested but in a studio with a few invited guests. Rumors tell most of them in an extremely good mood because of free drinks and eventually more free "stuff".
Nevertheless one of my favorite bop albums ever.

IMG_1482.jpeg

My night music for today.
Something for voice fetishists like me 😉
Renata Tebaldi!
Toscanini named her voice "voce d'angelo". Imagine Maria Callas and Renata Tebaldi at one place, in one land or even in one opera house at the same time. Happened im La Venice and La Scala. Great stuff for the yellow press. And the two ladies did everything to fuel up this soap opera.
This sampler delivers quite good sound quality. Not to forget: The recordings are ≈ 50-60 years old.

IMG_1483.jpeg

You may love her or you may hate her but she was important for the music industry. And may be she is still 😉
Happy 65 Madonna!

IMG_1487.jpeg

Back