What are you listening to?

@Brantome
Could you be so kind an explain me this "adhoc" in relation with Qobuz?
Sorry - that’s the Playlist name from Amazon Music/ Alexa, not Qobuz after me asking “Alexa, shuffle my adhoc playlist” where my WiiM is the default audio playback device. It must be picking that up rather than the album name :)

You may love her or you may hate her but she was important for the music industry. And may be she is still 😉
Happy 65 Madonna!

View attachment 2061
I saw Madonna at the Japan performance in 1993. However, I still remember vividly is her strong muscles. She was a powerful woman far beyond my imagination.

In another thread London Grammar was mentioned. Great reminder, long time not listened to the band.
Hannah Reid's voice is incredible.

Screenshot_20230816_191452_USB Audio Player PRO.jpeg

Remember back in the 90s this record went to be kind of Hotel California for the more intellectual listeners 😉
One of the albums every highest(high, medium, forced, desperate)ender had to own for demonstrating his gear to a mostly unimpressed audience. Like showing friends slides all evening long from the last family vacancies. One has to have it. And more difficult one has to love it.
Anyway, another unexpected multi sellers for ECM. And still fine music for special moods.

IMG_1492.jpeg

Men in their late 60s or early 70s seem to be still tough 😉
A few beer, barbecue and chat over all or nothing. The question popped up what is the best Neil Young album till today. My choice was the same for more than 40 years: Rust Never Sleeps with once more amazing Crazy Horse.

Screenshot_20230817_121735_NY Archives.jpegScreenshot_20230817_121744_NY Archives.jpeg

Heard on Kid Jensen's Dimensions Radio Luxembourg late one Sunday night way back when it came out...he played it in its entirety till 2.00am...blew my young mind, pity I could not afford to buy it...went into work bleary eyed the next day to be informed that I was a jammy
so an so and that I had won the works sweep over the weekend...kismet...boof ! over the road at lunchtime and bought me
'the spirit of rythym'...never looked back since...still love it...kicked off my wiim pro journey with this wonderful piece...th-1072570715.jpg

Back to the really important things 😉
Today released as third album of this still young artist. First listening suggested it is worth more sessions and also a re-listening of the first two records.

Screenshot_20230818_093527_USB Audio Player PRO.jpeg

When she entered the international opera stages around 2000 it was an incredible hype around Anna. Quite sure it was often look and (want to)feel 😉
She struggled heavily positioning herself in Russian policies after the raid into Ukraine.
Nevertheless one of the most important singers during the last decades. Her Traviata together with Villazon is my reference although there is tough competition.

IMG_1505.jpeg

Today, all the artists I haven't heard in a long time.

Christina Perri
Skylar Gray
Zia Victoria
And...Ashley Dubose.

Screenshot_2023-08-18-18-09-21-974_com.amazon.mp3-edit.jpg

Back