What are you listening to?

My mom told me that in Embra they say barry instead of braw 😉

...your Mom is right, it's usually barry for embra, but once you've crossed the forth a few times, you're allowed to use braw as well :)...for cbl, all and any scots regional and national superlatives seem to work...;)

...your Mom is right, it's usually barry for embra, but once you've crossed the forth a few times, you're allowed to use braw as well :)...for cbl, all and any scots regional and national superlatives seem to work...;)
I am half a Scot, born 1951 already and always living in Germany. Those times it was not common to grow up with two languages. A shame, but thats life. Some of her old Scottish sayings she wrote in a little book for me. Its a treasure 😉

I am half a Scot, born 1951 already and always living in Germany. Those times it was not common to grow up with two languages. A shame, but thats life. Some of her old Scottish sayings she wrote in a little book for me. Its a treasure 😉
...a wonderful gift to be cherished, remembered fondly and nurtured, for a lucky half scottish guy...;)

Never heard of barry tbh, but I’m from the Wild West i.e. Glasgow ;)

Starting this week with an old Jazz classic. Wish all this "modern" trios have only half of the groove OP and his musicians have had. 😉
Think it will be a Classic/Jazz week this week..

Screenshot_20230821_044639_USB Audio Player PRO.jpeg

I've always liked Mister Batiste and he finally outgrew The Colbert Show last year. This new album is very eclectic and the radio intercuts are a nice touch.

Screenshot (Aug 21, 2023 00_59_21).png

I absolutely love this album. A wall of sound from these fellas, oh yeah! This was pre-Grunge. These guys and Alice in Chains were always harder and better than that other band from Seattle.... <cough Nirvana cough>. IMHO, of course. 🤘

Screenshot (Aug 21, 2023 02_20_50).png

A somehow underrated album from Miles Davis. Only two and a half from five possible stars on Allmusic.
But it was the first album (in 1981) I was forced 😉 to buy as vinyl AND compact disc.
Love and own both versions still. It was the first time for me to hear Bill Evans (no, not the pianist) on soprano. Groovy.

IMG_1522.jpeg

ahhh .. lovers of "classic" rarely intervene ... nice proposals for discoveries
;-)
May be I found a wrong place here and for Mahler @Yanto would get all thumbs up I have. But with the conductor I have a big, big problem.

Edit: I have to apologize. My repeat was for the Sherehazade, not for the Mahler.

Last edited by a moderator:
This record became legend not in first line because the quality of the very good live performance (and for today's standard suboptimal sound) but for the unique and uncommon "disclaimer" from Leonard Bernstein at the beginning. For me irrelevant recordings from both of this two guys simply do not exist. So even this one is great in a special way. The elapsed time of the concert normally is enough for both Brahms concertos 😉

IMG_1520.jpeg

Back