What are you listening to?

Early bird or late night bird?
Late in my case. Just sitting at the dining room table, with Dad in a hospital bed in the front room. After the repeat of an earlier baseball game is done on television, I'll startup some 60's instrumentals for him and slip off to bed, myself. But for now, I'm just streaming Roon to a laptop with an iFi Nano and some ATH-m50 headphones, while reading.

Last edited:
@Achim1812 It is about lunchtime for you. I looked up your location a few days ago and wow, you are North! I only got close to your neck of Germany twice. Back in '88 and '89, we drove up to Helmstedt to Checkpoint Alpha for the drive over to Berlin across the East German autobahn. The first ex and I were stationed at Hahn AB from '86 to '89. I wish I could have traveled more but I was a poor airmen and was busy fixing F-16's. So we did most of our touring around the Hunsruck region, i.e. castling, wine fests on the Mosel, Trier and Luxembourg. Beautiful country, sir.

@Brown Sound
While in the German army from 72-80 i had two years at Büchel airport (ETSB) as part of the ATAF. Also near to the wine from Rhine and Mosel. 😉
The North is our retirement place, company is still in Düsseldorf running by our son and our daughter-in-law.
(Sorry @ others for this private stuff)

@Brown Sound
While in the German army from 72-80 i had two years at Büchel airport (ETSB) as part of the ATAF. Also near to the wine from Rhine and Mosel. 😉
The North is our retirement place, company is still in Düsseldorf running by our son and our daughter-in-law.
Well, your right, Büchel is just North of the Hahn area. Small world, eh? This is a social thread, right? Mmmm, here's a question, why are the WiiMs only in Henry Ford colors? You can get them any color you want as long as it is black, mmm. There, that should make 'them' happy now. You have a good day, sir.

Never heard of barry tbh, but I’m from the Wild West i.e. Glasgow ;)
A wild west weegie...good stuff:)...as Achim1812 pointed out from his Mom, barry is an embra slang word...had a deek online and may derive from the Romany who migrated here in the 16century and means 'big or great'...braw hails from the Norse and can mean 'excellent, fantastic'...

...so, Pict, Romany, Viking, Scots...explains why we're all so even tempered...;)... gotta nash !

@Brown Sound
Again, nothing to do with WiiM nor music, but have your read the novels (or watched in Germany as I believe they’ve been televised only there), by the Scottish author Craig Russell about a half-Scot, half German from Friesland who works as “Kriminalhauptkommissar” in Hamburg? The books can be quite gruesome but enjoyable, but I don’t recall him quoting his mother’s favourite Scottish sayings ;)

@Brantome
Jan Fabel is the "Hauptkommissar", I think it is the level DCI. Like DCI Barnaby, very popular in Germany. To be honest, I was not aware of this family thing. First part "Blutadler" ordered this minute. Thank you very much, Sir 😉

Back