What are you listening to?

To start the day with a Diva. Very good album!

By the way because another thread I revitalized a Sony BT LDAC headphone. As an infamous BT blamer it is not easy for me....but have to confess it sounds indeed not so bad at all. Will still be only used for exceptions, because a cable is still my way to go and there is no personal need for mobile music. But, not so bad at all 😉
Too Little (resolution), Too late (delay), Too bad (sound).
Coincidence that you wrote about bluetooth on the same post?
I think not... ;)

Too Little (resolution), Too late (delay), Too bad (sound).
Coincidence that you wrote about bluetooth on the same post?
I think not... ;)
Definitively not.
Still no friend of this nonsense...but 😉 no serious hurt suffered

@Mr Ee
Again, just pure curiosity. Agree with your points one and three. At least with three. But what makes delay important? The milliseconds on the way from phone to headphone?

@Mr Ee
Again, just pure curiosity. Agree with your points one and three. At least with three. But what makes delay important? The milliseconds on the way from phone to headphone?
My post was just meant as a mischevious way of linking BT to the song title, implying an (un)conscious link between your BT 'revival' and music choice.

Not really ever used BT myself (wired headphones all the way), but I thought that, for example, watching tv via BT headphones could maybe be delayed enough to give lip sync issues. But that might be more to do with any intermediate device than BT itself.
Donning flame retardent suit now, just in case...

@Mr Ee
Fun fact, the Sony WH-1000XM4 is when used as passive headphone (switched off, so bypassing the whole bt section) a decent wired hp.

May be (again) a very unusual post..
Music to read. If one is eventually interested in classical music of the 20th I can highly recommend this book. Still after a few complete readings something I grab from time to time.
@Brantome If a book is too offside, you own the yellow and red cards 😉

IMG_1536.jpeg

May be (again) a very unusual post..
Music to read. If one is eventually interested in classical music of the 20th I can highly recommend this book. Still after a few complete readings something I grab from time to time.
@Brantome If a book is too offside, you own the yellow and red cards 😉
I don't see a problem with that - I tend to view this thread as where the off topic stuff resides. It's good to share info and experience as part of the "community spirit" ;)

You'll not be told to haud yer wheesht here as long as you keep the heid ;)

I don't see a problem with that - I tend to view this thread as where the off topic stuff resides. It's good to share info and experience as part of the "community spirit" ;)

You'll not be told to haud yer wheesht here as long as you keep the heid ;)
So it might be the "Shelter of the Outlaws" 😎

Some Krautrock from a Kraut.
During the 70s of the 20th century there was kind of a competition between bands from Berlin and Düsseldorf. Those years I met the guys round Edgar Froese (passed 2015) on multiple occasions, so I am highly partisan 😉

IMG_1538.jpeg

As a redemption for my above Krautrock suggestion 😇
Once more Leonard Bernstein, here as conductor of some of the most popular American 20th (classical) works and its composer.

IMG_1540.jpeg

This is one of the best threads here. Y'all have some great musical taste. Now i feel soo sad for not taking my vinyl with me. Tangerine Dream was always trippy regardless of external influences.

This is one of the best threads here. Y'all have some great musical taste. Now i feel soo sad for not taking my vinyl with me. Tangerine Dream was always trippy regardless of external influences.
My fear is really that not many here like this stuff 😂
But may be one or another gives it a try..

Good morning @all
Cloudy 13° (Celsius 😉) here and Steely Dan with the first coffee.
Remember the kind of disappointment when Gaucho was released as a follower of Aja and the beer drenched discussions about. "Far too rehearsed, arranged and perfect". But time made the views on many things more differentiated and for me it morphed to simply brilliant music.
By the way, for those old-fashioned who still own a SACD player: Sounds even a tiny bit more superior.

Screenshot_20230824_063850_USB Audio Player PRO.jpeg

Back