What are you listening to?

My number two of today's new releases. The Americana veterans still in good shape.
Start in a barbecue and Duckstein evening powered by a Sonos Move, sorry WiiM 😉

IMG_1552.jpeg

Another new release from yesterday, this is more straight up Jazz. It's pretty good so far, I know it's not smooth, which is great, 'cuz I like my Jazz crunchy, dammit! 😜🤪

Screenshot (Aug 26, 2023 03_27_47).jpg

Tiny hangover, it seems I am really too old for such sh.....😂
So some wake up music with Flying Vs, liters of coffee and ham and eggs!

20230826_094609.jpeg

Nothing to do with this thread. Pure bravado 😉
Arrived today. Braun SK55 "Snow White's Coffin (Schneewittchensarg)" Built 1964. In nearly mint condition. A little bit care, a new stylus and a drop snake oil needed.

IMG_1321.jpeg

Nothing to do with this thread. Pure bravado 😉
Arrived today. Braun SK55 "Snow White's Coffin (Schneewittchensarg)" Built 1964. In nearly mint condition. A little bit care, a new stylus and a drop snake oil needed.

View attachment 2269

Looks very nice. I wish I gotten my parents early sixties Zenith console stereo, but they briefly retired to Florida and sold it, in the down-size. It was a beautiful piece of furniture with foldout slats for the speakers. Would have been great in a dining room as a buffet during holidays and playing tunes, of course.
Make sure you (or you get someone to) check it over, for toasty or leaky parts and faulty wiring. You don't want any of the 'magic' smoke escaping and burning down yer house, sir. 😉

Looks very nice. I wish I gotten my parents early sixties Zenith console stereo, but they briefly retired to Florida and sold it, in the down-size. It was a beautiful piece of furniture with foldout slats for the speakers. Would have been great in a dining room as a buffet during holidays and playing tunes, of course.
Make sure you (or you get someone to) check it over, for toasty or leaky parts and faulty wiring. You don't want any of the 'magic' smoke escaping and burning down yer house, sir. 😉
Bought it from a guy who is even older than I 😉 He was the first and only owner of the Braun and did not touch it for at least 45 years. An intensive check was made by the German No. 1 for the old Brauns. It will have it's Gnadenbrot here. No working horse any longer, more design and art show piece. And a risk free invest, if such really exists.
In Germany it is for sure a design icon and a never fulfilled dream in the 60s for many. For a "normal wallet" it was too expensive thosedays. And it was state-of-the-art for such one box stereo. The tuner sounds still sensational with the few remaining USW stations.
Do not know those icons for the British orientated parts of the world. But for sure there are such. Do you remember the photo of a stoned Syd Barrett and his Garrard SP25 MK2? Eventually similar?

Bought it from a guy who is even older than I 😉 He was the first and only owner of the Braun and did not touch it for at least 45 years. An intensive check was made by the German No. 1 for the old Brauns. It will have it's Gnadenbrot here. No working horse any longer, more design and art show piece. And a risk free invest, if such really exists.
In Germany it is for sure a design icon and a never fulfilled dream in the 60s for many. For a "normal wallet" it was too expensive thosedays. And it was state-of-the-art for such one box stereo. The tuner sounds still sensational with the few remaining USW stations.
Do not know those icons for the British orientated parts of the world. But for sure there are such. Do you remember the photo of a stoned Syd Barrett and his Garrard SP25 MK2? Eventually similar?
Syd Barrett? I do not remember seeing any hi-fi photos of him, but lots of others Jimmy Page, Frank Sinatra, Steve McQueen, and lots of barely clothed females reaching for or handling records. :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
Back