What are you listening to?

A little bit glam on this still cool morning. Sided by Gilmour and Marr it became my favorite Bryan Ferry album over the years. Criminally underrated 😉

Screenshot_20230824_083137_USB Audio Player PRO.jpeg

Funny that, I was just playing some songs from that very same Rainbow album.
There's hope for you yet.

Looking after Ronnie I stumbled over an old mixtape....hope you pardon me 😉

Last edited by a moderator:
Cinderella, Scorpions and Van Halen have all done some time already tonight.
May be time for a bit of Pat Benatar now.
Keep up the good (ish) work!

@Yanto
It might be a good idea the first few tries only for the music. Reading the lyrics (in translation, I guess) is early enough once you have decided to like or dislike the music. Otherwise it could be waste of time 😉. The German "Lied" with orchestra or piano is very, very special. And even more if it is not in a language one understands without help.

The parcel service delivered the CD this afternoon already. Release date is tomorrow. So it will be available on the usual subjects 😉

IMG_1545.jpeg

Good morning,
Mistress Dachshound told me time for an early morning control walk through the sleeping village, too many cheeky cats around. Fulfilled of course the wish and now a first coffee. Sleep seems to be overrated 😉
Back to my late yesterday post. First complete run was during the evening. It is....ok.
When an album is labelled Alice Cooper you get what is labelled, you get Alice Cooper. And in this time you get also a good portion Mötley Crüe. But even the old heroes seem to get a little tired finally. Perfect production, astonishing intact voice, fun. Of course I bought it because the madness of being complete. But a must-have for fans only.
6/10

Last edited by a moderator:
@Yanto
Know that I do not have to care 😉 and I love most of your suggestions. But do not get too deep in this old heroes. There is also a good bunch of contemporary artists. For example this one. Disputable, but always exiting.

IMG_1547.jpeg

Well, that new Alice Cooper is saved, but it is still not available to play yet, so 'Billion Dollar Babies" it shall be, for now.

Screenshot (Aug 25, 2023 01_24_00).png

@Yanto
The next unasked recommendation. This is regarded as the standard reference biography for Mahler, in a very good translation from German. For sure available all over the world. And Mahler's life (and wife) is at least as interesting as his music.

Attachments

• IMG_1549.jpeg
    IMG_1549.jpeg
    226.9 KB · Views: 1
Back