What are you listening to?

And now the other one, oh yeah! :cool:

View attachment 2280
Oh man, I just had to go back listen to the Orchid Orchestra play again :ROFLMAO: 😂 I can just imagine a bunch of hairy, very stoned English dudes dancing around in a studio, playing 'Happy Birthday to You' on kazoos. What a sight that must have been, oh my! ** time hack 1:24 in track 8, 'The Magician's Birthday' **

Looking out of the window instantly brings me in a sentimental mood. Sorry, @Brown Sound ,this morning I will not follow your suggestions 😉.
Good time to listen to the one and only Man in Black. Another one of Rick Rubin's outstanding productions. The American series starting point. It is not necessary to be hyper sensitive to feel and hear it is the beginning of the end for JC.
(Jobs for my phone, Qobuz, UAPP, Hidizs and the big Sennheisers. And another proof for me that everything above CD quality is a nice to have but indeed senseless)

Screenshot_20230827_061839_USB Audio Player PRO.jpeg

Looking out of the window instantly brings me in a sentimental mood. Sorry, @Brown Sound ,this morning I will not follow your suggestions 😉.
Good time to listen to the one and only Man in Black. Another one of Rick Rubin's outstanding productions. The American series starting point. It is not necessary to be hyper sensitive to feel and hear it is the beginning of the end for JC.
(Jobs for my phone, Qobuz, UAPP, Hidizs and the big Sennheisers. And another proof for me that everything above CD quality is a nice to have but indeed senseless)

View attachment 2284
Mister Cash is quite good, also. It doesn't have to all be screaming guitars and dancing around in loin-cloths, eh? Mmm, reminds of the David Lee Roth video intro for 'Yankee Rose', " I'll have a bottle of anything and a glazed donut....to go!"

Mister Cash is quite good, also. It doesn't have to all be screaming guitars and dancing around in loin-cloths, eh? Mmm, reminds of the David Lee Roth video intro for 'Yankee Rose', " I'll have a bottle of anything and a glazed donut....to go!"
All in due time 😉
In music taste there is no need to make a decision against something. You can have them all 😉 (Exceptions exists, for me f.e. this "modern Jazz pling pling audiophile trios" are a no-go.) But no problem for me to switch even between centuries.
And btw, the combo EVH and David Lee Roth was made in heaven, or not?

@Yanto
My suggestion for the Schubert symphonies is a little bit beside the usual subjects. Roy Goodman with the Hanover Band. Hanover with one n only 😉

All in due time 😉
In music taste there is no need to make a decision against something. You can have them all 😉 (Exceptions exists, for me f.e. this "modern Jazz pling pling audiophile trios" are a no-go.) But no problem for me to switch even between centuries.
And btw, the combo EVH and David Lee Roth was made in heaven, or not?
I like all versions of the VH, but I was a Sammy fan long before Ed asked him to jump on board. Definitely different styles, but I liked both either way. I'm pretty easy, good music is good music, YMMV. (y)

For the moment a beautiful Sunday for @ all. Time for a walk with Mistress Dachshound and then the first blocking rehearsal for some 70 kgs B&Ws. (The pain is that they can not be connected yet 😉)

Good luck, sir. 👍
Job done. A perfect cable management and first placings of the components exists. On paper 😉. Will look great to see everything well organized. Empirically life shows it will last longest to the first replacement or changing of something. Immediately the mess behind the racks will show again, I bet. No problem for me, performance is more important than look. Thats another advantage my cave has.
The WiiM Pro steps, may be only for a while, back to the bench. For (assessment) an iFi Neo Stream will do the jobs. I will see..

To do what the thread was made for a new release from yesterday.

IMG_1564.jpeg

Job done. A perfect cable management and first placings of the components exists. On paper 😉. Will look great to see everything well organized. Empirically life shows it will last longest to the first replacement or changing of something. Immediately the mess behind the racks will show again, I bet. No problem for me, performance is more important than look. Thats another advantage my cave has.
The WiiM Pro steps, may be only for a while, back to the bench. For (assessment) an iFi Neo Stream will do the jobs. I will see..

To do what the thread was made for a new release from yesterday.

View attachment 2288
Glad you got your work done and to your liking. I just got word from Amazon, that my Pro Plus has been shipped and should be here on the Tuesday (29th), which is much better than the original quote of the 4th or 5th. An iFi NEO Stream, eh? I currently use an iFi NEO iDSD DAC and a RoPieeeXL Roon endpoint / 7" touchscreen. Been using a Chromecast Audio as a streamer with an optical output to the DAC. The CCA works, but it's not a very convenient streamer hence the reason for getting the Pro Plus. The iFi NEO Stream would be nice but I don't really need that much streamer. So the Pro Plus will mainly be for normal streaming not CD or Hi-Res content. I mainly use Roon or foobar2000 for playing files from the server and Roon again for playing from Qobuz or Tidal. I'm pretty excited to try out this new streamer for all of the other content. Roon Radio can sound very good but it's not a real streamer and can be a bit unstable at times with stream stoppages and no automatic restarts. Per Roon, those restarts are not in the works, either. Well, enough of all of that, you have a great afternoon and I need to order a shorty coax cable and another iFi power supply. Cheers. :cool:

Am listening to Freya Ridings after reading an article in the Sunday Times today. Lovely album.

Screenshot_20230827-152514.png

Good morning @ all
Starting a busy week with some wake up material 😉
Testing a new component, sad to say still with headphones only.
Know that the fans of metal loves their drawers. For this record I could not find one.
The album is great all over. My test track for the whole chain is "Silvera", where the kick drums and punchy, powerful big sounding guitars must show up and each one has to be identified. Not a so called wall of sound.

IMG_1565.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Back