What are you listening to?

I've always liked these guys and Tesla from the late 80's and on. IMHO, neither of them were ever really 'hair' metal bands and I appreciated their efforts to try avoid that genre's demise. Sorry, I wasn't a fan of Hair Metal in the 80's (bunch of posers, lol). I was more of a fan of NWOBHM and Thrash. But to each their own, right? \m/ \m/

Screenshot (Aug 25, 2023 02_35_43).png

Last edited:
I've always liked these guys and Tesla from the late 80's and on. IMHO, neither of them were ever really 'hair' metal bands and I appreciated their efforts to try avoid that genre's demise. Sorry, I wasn't a fan of Hair Metal in the 80's (bunch of posers, lol). I was more of a fan of NWOBHM and Thrash. But to each their own, right? \m/ \m/
That is what I like most in threads like this. Stumbling over something again. NWOBHM reminded me immediately to look if the moving box with Maiden is already here. It is!

20230825_093009.jpeg

Qobuz and Apple I can confirm for Germany. Until yesterday only two or three tracks worked, even when the album listed already.

Did yours work, yet? As of about an hour ago, both Qobuz and Tidal from the US were still showing the songs as unavailable, but the album is able to be saved in both services.
Okay, nevermind, lol. If I go directly to either service and not through Roon, the songs are available. 😲

Yeah, we're hours ahead here, remember ;)
Yeah, I used to hit up the Tidal website after 12am here, and the new stuff would be available, but that was on my big Linux desktop, no Tidal/Qobuz/Roon apps on there. Been using a Windows11 laptop lately and it has all three of those apps installed, but I normally just use the Roon app out here in dining room. So that is a good note to myself, don't check and save new releases from Roon on Thursday night!! :LOL::ROFLMAO::cool:

Now think I finally understood 😉
You saved the cutten version in Roon already and did not check again on Friday morning?
Checked here and all is fine.

Now think I finally understood 😉
You saved the cutten version in Roon already and did not check again on Friday morning?
Checked here and all is fine.
It's all sorted now, apparently Roon is a bit slower at resetting the availability?? It's working fine in the Qobuz app.

Am very interested in your impressions about Alice Cooper's Road, guys!
Well, I'll start by confessing that Alice was never one of my staple artists / bands.
The Road theme was ok, but it was hardly a lyrical masterpiece.
I felt that on a few occasions his voice sounded stranger / rougher than usual. Maybe old age. (His, not mine!)
I didn't actually hit the 'like' button on any of the tracks, although there was one that stood out for me above all the others.

More or less my impressions. Therefore only 6/10. The lyrics definitively will not get a Nobel price, but that is not what his fans are waiting for. It is routined hard rock with approved basics. Not more and not less. Anyway, I will listen to his music as I did for the last decades. Every album could be his or mine last 😉. (First time no vinyl needed, the prices get more ridiculous every day.) And naming a track "White Line Frankenstein" is simply goofy for a man in his (and mine) age.
But I will not forget his place in hard rock history.

Another Mahler suggestion. (@Yanto managed that the name is all around my head, like an ear worm 😉)
One of my Top10 conductors with one of my Top 10 symphonies.

IMG_1551.jpeg

Later, I stumbled on an old beauty...I bought it when it came out in 75...brilliant then, as it is now...Annie Haslam's voice is sublime...
not a Rimsky Korsakov rendition...awesome nevertheless...Renaissance+-+Scheherazade+and+Other+Stories+%281975%29-3652690038.jpg

Back