What are you listening to?

But wouldn’t those Android implementations use something akin to UAPP to achieve hi res audio to overcome those issues? There are also some benefits to using Android as you can use native apps to provide support for things like Apple Music which I believe EverSolo supports, saving the development effort to support such services. I guess it’s swings and roundabouts though…
Yes they would use something akin to UAPP but from a manufacturers POV that adds a licence cost which doesn't exist at all with Linux.

Again something totally different to keep the challenge high.
Likely not everyone's taste, but if only one will discover it new and likes it all is good.
Every official record of CB is in my collection as CD. Some on vinyl and a few (illegal, I guess) bootlegs. I love her voice, her effort and scientific research to bring back forgotten music as well as her very Italian spirit. 😉 The covers are often beautiful. And she doesn't look bad at all. Is it still allowed to write such?

IMG_1575.jpeg

Start in foul mood. Wife and dog far away at the old home preparing last steps for the shift. Weather to forget, 11° C at the end of August. Awaiting another noisy day with the workers around.
Stop moaning, Achim. Grab a cup of coffee, Randy would say. 😉 The coffee choice this morning is from Brazil. The music from USA.
The Man in Black with a nearly forgotten album. Look down left on the cover. Produced by ("Cowboy") Jack Clement. Means great production over all. "Heaven is just a Dallas whore..."
And by the way, striking a blow for Apple Music. The irony is that the easiest way to their (high-res) lossless content is via Android. A simple dongle, the phone and a decent headphone and you get really great sound.

Screenshot_20230831_045912_Apple Music.jpeg

Start in foul mood. Wife and dog far away at the old home preparing last steps for the shift. Weather to forget, 11° C at the end of August. Awaiting another noisy day with the workers around.
Stop moaning, Achim. Grab a cup of coffee, Randy would say. 😉 The coffee choice this morning is from Brazil. The music from USA.
The Man in Black with a nearly forgotten album. Look down left on the cover. Produced by ("Cowboy") Jack Clement. Means great production over all. "Heaven is just a Dallas whore..."
And by the way, striking a blow for Apple Music. The irony is that the easiest way to their (high-res) lossless content is via Android. A simple dongle, the phone and a decent headphone and you get really great sound.

View attachment 2341
Just finished my coffee for the day, a pot of Gevalia Colombia in my Melitta machine, mmm. A nasty habit I picked up in Germany. One drinking good coffee or not at all and second being mayonnaise with fries (pommes frites mit mayo, if I remember, right?). :coffee:🍟

Just finished my coffee for the day, a pot of Gevalia Colombia in my Melitta machine, mmm. A nasty habit I picked up in Germany. One drinking good coffee or not at all and second being mayonnaise with fries (pommes frites mit mayo, if I remember, right?). :coffee:🍟
Pommes mit Mayo are more tied to our Dutch neighbors. But indeed "Currywurst mit Pommes Schranke" is very popular in Germany. Try to explain. A sausage with a sauce based on Curry = Currywurst, Pommes = Pomes Frites = fries, Schranke = railway gate. This gates are striped white and red. White for Mayonnaise, red for Ketchup 😉
Further questions?
And yes, pour-over coffee brewed by hand through a paper filter (Melitta) or a machine (Melitta or my choice Moccamaster) is still the day to day method. It is an easy to get high quality product since a while. So much small and exciting roasters all around the country.

Last edited by a moderator:
Pommes mit Mayo are more tied to our Dutch neighbors. But indeed "Currywurst mit Pommes Schranke" is very popular in Germany. Try to explain. A sausage with a sauce based on Curry = Currywurst, Pommes = Pomes Frites = fries, Schranke = railway gate. This gates are striped white and red. White for Mayonnaise, red for Ketchup 😉
Further questions?
And yes, pour-over coffee brewed by hand through a paper filter (Melitta) or a machine (Melitta or my choice Moccamster) is still the day to day method. It is an easy to get high quality product since a while. So much small and exciting roasters all around the country.
Well, I was stationed in the Hunsruck area, down in the Southwest. There was a great place right outside of front gate (Walter's), that sold tons of currywurst, broiled hahnsion (sp) and of course pommes frites. Mmm, good times and food, indeed.

Well, I was stationed in the Hunsruck area, down in the Southwest. There was a great place right outside of front gate (Walter's), that sold tons of currywurst, broiled hahnsion (sp) and of course pommes frites. Mmm, good times and food, indeed.
We've run a small dependance office at Hahn AB till 2018, which we cancelled because the bad policy from their management and even more from the regional politicians. So my visits to the Hunsrück are tending to zero. But sure it is still a good place to live.

This album has blown me away. Beautiful music in a great interpretation in superb sound quality. Only available as High-Res download, but for the friends of online streaming also on Qobuz.
@Yanto Quite sure this will be stuff for you too.

IMG_1585.jpeg

I always thought it was a nice area. We stayed in a village called Rödelhausen for about two years, which was a few klicks up B-327, towards Kappel and Wiesbaden. Very nice people then, but I've been gone since the Fall 1989 and the base closed in 1992, I think. Would love to go back and see the old sights and the food, of course.

Last edited:
So you stranded in the middle of nowhere....😂
And this Rekord Coupe is a beauty!!
As soon as my whole stuff arrived I will grab some photos from my service time. Will send you a pm.

So you stranded in the middle of nowhere....😂
And this Rekord Coupe is a beauty!!
As soon as my whole stuff arrived I will grab some photos from my service time. Will send you a pm.
Yep, 1969 Rekord, lol. Had to have the engine replaced, but it ran our entire tour from '86 to '89. Yeah, we were definitely in the sticks, as they say, lol.

One personal remark from me. If I do not always give a 👍 to your suggestions means not I do not like them. Just does not have the speed to follow every suggestion any longer. You know I am old 😉. So sometimes it will happen, more often to releases I checked or know already. So no 👍 does not mean 👎.

One personal remark from me. If I do not always give a 👍 to your suggestions means not I do not like them. Just does not have the speed to follow every suggestion any longer. You know I am old 😉. So sometimes it will happen, more often to releases I checked or know already. So no 👍 does not mean 👎.
No probs, here sir. And early 70's isn't old, by the way. :giggle:

Back