What are you listening to?

All of this Mahler talk, I'm gonna have to listen to I guess his 5th, soon, eh? I'm feeling left out. :(
Personally I would start with one of the two Bernstein's and the First. 😇
Correction: Three which I know, forgot the New York Philharmonic. Not as good as with the Concertgebouw Orchestra. But it can lead in another rabbit whole. Which we like, do we?

Last edited by a moderator:
Interesting, but in a good way. I just listened to 'Let It Roar' from this album and it was good, not quite my cup of tea, but still good. I think I'm gonna spin some Slayer now. 🤘🤘
A good friend of mine is a well regarded cook....and he once told me "interesting" is for him the worst possible answer for a question how the meal was 😉.

My Dad got me this soundtrack from work back in 1981. He happened to work at the Terre Haute CBS record pressing plant. Wow, what a collection of tunes! I wore out two taped copies in the car that year. Good times and good music. :cool:

Screenshot (Aug 31, 2023 05_01_11).png

Well, I did the Heavy Metal soundtrack, so I figured I would spin up a few selections from the Fast Times at Ridgemont High soundtrack, too.

Screenshot (Aug 31, 2023 06_48_24).png

Last try for today with some very challenging organ music. Streamer and even a tiny NAD did their jobs well. The little speakers failed!
This is stuff for big guns. Great and heavy speakers, a serious amp with a mighty transformer and real caps which earns the name "Amplifier". Built in USA, England, Scotland or Japan 😉. No chinois Class D toys. Those may have their place in desktop setups.

IMG_1589.jpegIMG_1588.jpeg

Last try for today with some very challenging organ music. Streamer and even a tiny NAD did their jobs well. The little speakers failed!
This is stuff for big guns. Great and heavy speakers, a serious amp with a mighty transformer and real caps which earns the name "Amplifier". Built in USA, England, Scotland or Japan 😉. No chinois Class D toys. Those may have their place in desktop setups.

View attachment 2358View attachment 2359
No girlie amps need apply (in a SNL Hans and Franz skit voice), because they need to pump you up <clap clap> 😂 🤣

A few Duckstein for a (temporarily) old bachelor. Weather fine enough to sit outside. A bashful confession: I love my Airpods Max 😊.
Time for some nonsense music. No big fan for FFHM, but divine Nita does not sing often. But she and her Ibanez Jiva is a couple made in heaven! No more Mahler tonight..

IMG_1590.jpeg

I'm sorry to be the one to inform you, but old age isn't temporary.
I'll give Nita a listen later.

Sometimes I am glad my grammar teacher can not judge my syntax any longer 😊
The "temporarily" belongs to "bachelor"

Early morning Doom. My first try of todays new releases. You know? Friday!
Short remark for the fearful. Already in the first track you may notice some for some weird sounds 😉. Stay cool, it is no jitter, clipping or other fatal catastrophes. It is wanted exactly so. Many guitar players use such miraculous little effect boxes to add portions of distortions 😂😂

Screenshot_20230901_041752_USB Audio Player PRO.jpeg

A few Duckstein for a (temporarily) old bachelor. Weather fine enough to sit outside. A bashful confession: I love my Airpods Max 😊.
Time for some nonsense music. No big fan for FFHM, but divine Nita does not sing often. But she and her Ibanez Jiva is a couple made in heaven! No more Mahler tonight..

View attachment 2361
How is this? I just listened to her new one 'Call of the Void' a few weeks ago. It was pretty tasty, imho.

Back