What are you listening to?

+1 for Dire Straits. Very good recording (for my ears). 👏
Hi @dudu
For me too it's a good recording. ;) I have also the vinyl and i remember a newspaper article on an HiFi magazine that talked about phono cartridges setting. Well, the reviewer recommended the track "Private Investigation".
You know? After a while from the beginning a bass note is heard, a little later the same note is added with the kick drum.
From there continue together, bass and drums. Same note at the same time, perfectly coincident.
The author said that if the phono cartridge was well set and of good quality, you could perceive the two overlapping but distinct notes.
If you felt them mixed there was something wrong.
Well, I tried several times with different phono cartridges and I have to say that the author of the article was right. 😊

Hi @dudu
For me too it's a good recording. ;) I have also the vinyl and i remember a newspaper article on an HiFi magazine that talked about phono cartridges setting. Well, the reviewer recommended the track "Private Investigation".
You know? After a while from the beginning a bass note is heard, a little later the same note is added with the kick drum.
From there continue together, bass and drums. Same note at the same time, perfectly coincident.
The author said that if the phono cartridge was well set and of good quality, you could perceive the two overlapping but distinct notes.
If you felt them mixed there was something wrong.
Well, I tried several times with different phono cartridges and I have to say that the author of the article was right. 😊
Thanks a lot!
You do realise that everyone who owns a vinyl copy of Love over Gold will have it on their turntable this evening listening for this!!!
I have 4 mounted cartridges to test with. I'll be rebalancing the arm etc and listening to the same track all night .......
I had plans ....... :)

Grrr...only one Dire Straits vinyl here. And of course a different one. But no single DS is wrong 😉
By the way, this turntable from TEAC does an (unexpected) extremely good job! A friend asked me to set it up for him and mount an AT headshell with an AT-95VM with the ML stylus. A recommendation for a new start with vinyl for small money.

View attachment 1259
So, what are you waiting for? Run to buy the vinyl of Love over Gold 😂 😂;)
By the way the first album too, your album, is a very good one. But…not fit for that trick ;)

Thanks a lot!
You do realise that everyone who owns a vinyl copy of Love over Gold will have it on their turntable this evening listening for this!!!
I have 4 mounted cartridges to test with. I'll be rebalancing the arm etc and listening to the same track all night .......
😂😂😂Funny. By the way that trick works for DAX too.
i’ve tried with different DAX and you can perceive or not the two distinct notes.
Of course vinyl is better ;)

Thanks a lot!
Ooops..i forgot. Let me know about the result of your tests. ;) 😊

Thanks a lot!
Listened to the cd (rip) a few weeks back.
Still surprised by the huge amount of hiss on the recording.
But you're right, might have to put it on again v. soon.

I have the vinyl, and haven't tried the streaming version yet, I will soon. Still, I think this is worth a listen.
Immagine 2023-07-15 071009.jpg
A man who made his voice an instrument
Immagine 2023-07-15 071415.jpg
To close lightly.
Immagine 2023-07-15 071923.jpg
Alright, I was joking. Nick Drake was no closure ;) There is the weekend and this time I want to exaggerate.
So here is an author who was perhaps underestimated in his time, a kind of easy listening, which he was not, but widely re-evaluated later.
Immagine 2023-07-15 073546.jpg
Immagine 2023-07-15 073654.jpg
Follow up on Monday. Have a nice weekend 😊 Ohh i have the vinyls of all the albums i have suggested ;)

@Achim1811
Hey mate. Who are you? “Doctor Livingston i presume”. Great discovery. (y) ;)😊
Listening now. WHAT A VOICE!! She seems white, but she has the blackest voice i have ever heard. And…if you pump up the volume of the Amp….you have her amidst the room. Pure joy 👏👏👏

Back