What are you listening to?

Tonight’s needledrop.

I’ve had this for years but it was an early needledrop to mp3 so redoing to 24/96 FLAC

Brilliant and perhaps the start of a genre - Jazz Funk

View attachment 1343
Watermelon man...
Been on an MJQ kick lately, Concorde, Last Concert, Dedicated to Connie, nice for an evenings listen. Then we turn to Dizzy and Max Roach...it all just rolls on. Gonna plug a great jazz station...WBGO out of Newark NJ.

Good spot.
Yes. A very underrated deck when it was new. Now goes for 3 times what I paid for it if you can find a new one. I’m considering 2M Bronze but first I’m going to try an AT VM95ML which should be here this week.
@d6jg @Achim1811
Sorry to butt in, but…I couldn't resist. ;) The Ortofon Blue, which I have, is a very good cartridge and not expensive. However, I must say that the Audio Technicas, in my opinion, have something extra, and more or less at the same price. I have an AT440mlb and I must say that for the price it is exceptional. Compared to the Ortofon Blue I'd say it wins across the board. Trackability, channel separation, dynamics, speed. It's a cartridge, for me, very linear. It doesn't "pump" anything, it gives you what's in the recording, but it doesn't lose anything of what's there. 😊
I would say that it almost has a kind of sound,despite being of 2 different types, very close to its big sister, MC, AT33PTG/II which I also own. Obviously the AT33 is another planet, but also a completely different price and for the price the AT440 do his work tremendously well.
I don't know the AT VM95ML, but I think it's not very different from the AT440.
I've been switching to MCs for a few years now, and the AT33, along with the Denons, is one of my favourites. ;) Denon, it was love at first listen.
I close with a curiosity. In my "collection" of phono cartridges, I have two Satins. M18BX with Shibata stylus and M117G. Who remembers them?
They were very particular MC cartridges of the 70's/80's. 1) High output, they worked on the MM position without problems 2) They had an interchangeable stylus. The only MCs with a replaceable stylus that I know of. Magnetically held in place.
Of course the two are perfectly operational. Suspension, cantilever etc. and from time to time I use them with great satisfaction. ;)
One note, the Shibata stylus is a real damn to line up properly.:eek:

And..... this Count Basie Album in the Pablo Records edition. Pablo Records recordings have always been acclaimed by critics for being state of the art. I'm lucky enough to have vinyl. ;)
This, by the way, is one of the reference albums I use to check the setup of the system.
Immagine 2023-07-18 080649.jpg

@FerengiROA
Do not know exactly where it is hidden. But I own the DVD, great stuff!
That's why I love YouTube. I was recovering from surgery and was out of work for a few months. Was binging some music vids and this popped up. I watched about 5 songs worth and ordered the DVD.

In my opinion, David is an under-rated player. Not many can conjure up those emotions like he can.

@FerengiROA
Sure, you know this one. David has his guest gig on "Albatross".
What? Fleetwood Mac? Mate, do you know them?
I've been a fan of theirs since the beginning.
I have original copies of all their LPs in mint condition. Like 90% of my LPs Are.
Well, all of their LPs with the original band, with Peter Green.
Do you know Peter’s Green album “The end of the Game”? If yes ok, if not you must search and try it. On Qobuz there is an expanded version of the album. Of course i have this LP too. ;) Was a solo album.
After that he retired from music. For that “The End of the Game”.
Then he has gone, i think, in Tibet. After that he worked as a bricklayer, a male nurse and a lot of other things. 😊
Albatross? One of my favourite tracks ;)

For the Mediterranean moments. I do not really understand the lyrics, but a few translations or kind of summaries make it more easy. Years ago I heard people calling this album the "Italian Sgt. Pepper" because it changed popular music. Quite sure one of our Italian friends can give us an opinion. Fascinating, and somewhat irritating..the Qobuz comment meet my feeling.View attachment 1362
If you want, you can shoot me for what I say. I'm Italian, but I hate Italian music. ;) I hear bullets whistling past my ears. 😂 I don't even have an Italian record. Now come the hand grenades.😂
Fabrizio De Andrè? Maybe good, but one of the most boring songwriters I've ever listened to. Like or worse than the Chambers Jazz Trio. ;)I have to admit that he had a beautiful voice.
Anyway, Creusa De Ma (Mule track with steps that connects with the sea) it is considered one of his best records. Imagine the others. 😂😂 I too must say that it is passable.
However, I can listen to De Andrè for no more than ten minutes.
Then I overdose.
Ok, I'm raising the white flag. Cease-fire. 😂😂😂

What? Fleetwood Mac? Mate, do you know them?
I've been a fan of theirs since the beginning.
I have original copies of all their LPs in mint condition. Like 90% of my LPs Are.
Well, all of their LPs with the original band, with Peter Green.
Do you know Peter’s Green album “The end of the Game”? If yes ok, if not you must search and try it. On Qobuz there is an expanded version of the album. Of course i have this LP too. ;) Was a solo album.
After that he retired from music. For that “The End of the Game”.
Then he has gone, i think, in Tibet. After that he worked as a bricklayer, a male nurse and a lot of other things. 😊
Albatross? One of my favourite tracks ;)
Oh, yes, Fleetwood Mac I know since the 70s. I knew Peter Green was an early guitarist with them. The pic threw me off and I never knew that Gilmour played on that song.
Matter of fact, I'm rediscovering Rumours re-mastered on the Wiim, lately.
Wasn't the biggest fan but they do have many songs that were a big part of my teenage years.

Looks like I need to binge on the albums I'm not familiar with. And, who doesn't love Stevie Nicks?

So, yesterday someone pulled out Fleetwood Mac. I was only about twenty when i started to buy their Albums. ;) I would propose this boxset with 3 of their albums.
Immagine 2023-07-19 060909.jpg
Immagine 2023-07-19 061916.jpgIn 1970 Peter Green left the band after having published a solo album. The title is self explanatory. Then years and years of silence from him.
But in Uk, there were not only Fleetwood. Also these guys, on my opinion, deserve a place in yhe hall of fame.;)😊
Immagine 2023-07-19 062507.jpg
Immagine 2023-07-19 062800.jpg
I like the voice of Christine Perfect. Later Christine Mc Vie 😊

Screenshot_20230719-040133.png
Not to get political but this song is as relevant as the day it came out, if not more so today. I miss the music from that time period.

Back