What products you'd like to see WiiM produce?

I'd say not really.
Wiim said, late May, "With the upcoming WiiM Pro+, we plan to address the audio quality complaints for the analog audio output..."
The analog output stage is arguably one of the most critical elements of a dac's sonic prowess (it's fundamentally a preamp), so a change / improvement in this area was what I, at least, was most expecting to be addressed.
If it is indeed on par with many popular dacs that'd be a fantastic one-stop box. I could be in the market for such a device soon...

Maybe a headphone amp? If they priced it like the Mini and the Pro they might have a winner but they will be competing with other mfr. like Schiit.
Agree but would say that the headphone amp should have a digital in and out with ethernet/wifi. Perfect core for a small/medium desktop system.

Agree but would say that the headphone amp should have a digital in and out with ethernet/wifi. Perfect core for a small/medium desktop system.
If the Pro+'s analog stage is as good as Wiim suggest, maybe a pro+ could do that?
Variable volume, with an rca to female headphone jack lead?
Maybe slightly unconventional, but functional.

- USB audio ouput
- AES/EBU output
- HDMI output to display album art/now playing on a display
If you want to have it in decent quality it will end above 600 €, quick calculation 😉.
Are you prepared?
Even a tinkerer solution based on a Pi will end in this range.

- USB audio ouput
- AES/EBU output
- HDMI output to display album art/now playing on a display
If you want to have it in decent quality it will end above 600 €, quick calculation 😉.
Are you prepared?
If you add a IEC/powersocket for C7-plug I would have payed 600€ straight away! :cool:

Last edited:
Maybe the next step after WiiM Pro +
Name suggestions can be made. I would favorite "WiiM Pro+ Evo MkII 2029"
Just to keep it simple 😉😇

Maybe the next step after WiiM Pro +
Name suggestions can be made. I would favorite "WiiM Pro+ Evo MkII 2029"
Just to keep it simple 😉😇
Yeah I am very satiesfied with my Pro, so its no rush. Just my inner wishes if i could change anything (HDMI-out, AES-out, C7 power).
I guess it would be cheaper to add a HDMI (video only) out for display coverart on a TV instead of implementing a screen on the device such as Eversolo and Hifi Rose (y)

Are you prepared?
Errr - tinkerer option as you put it c. £170
Pi 4 Starter Kit 4GB Ram 4B (when in stock) = £84
Hifiberry DAC2 Pro XLR = £60
Hifiberry Case for Dac2 = £23

USB out and a more solid power supply would be the features for me. But I use the Pro only for headphones with an external dac/hpa since a short time and therefore it is fine for me. But of course I understand the wishes. The USP for the WiiM is in my understanding Amazon Music HD. If one, like me, uses Qobuz solely there are a few options in the price range around 600-800 €. So why waiting for the WiiM with all this unknown questions?

Errr - tinkerer option as you put it c. £170
Pi 4 Starter Kit 4GB Ram 4B (when in stock) = £84
Hifiberry DAC2 Pro XLR = £60
Hifiberry Case for Dac2 = £23
I wrote "decent quality". None of the mentioned items are decent in my eyes.

I wrote "decent quality". None of the mentioned items are decent in my eyes.
Where are you expecting to find more "decent quality" tinkerer items? I am intrigued.
A Pi is a Pi, a case is a case, the Hifiberry DAC range is very well respected.

@d6jg
And if you show me a pi4 4gb for 84 I order a bunch 😉
That's the official price of the Pi4 4B 4GB Ram Starter Kit at The Pi Hut which is an official stockist. You just have to wait for stock.
The official stockists will not sell for more than the RRP.

@d6jg
I do not want to struggle but the Pi solutions are and will be tinkerer things for me. For one who loves it, ok. For one who only wants to listen to music like me? I prefer grabbing in a shelf, pay the things. Make it ready to run and it has to work out of the box without another semester study. Like a TV.
I am to old and to lazy for other ways. And this hat you mentioned is well respected, but not from everyone. I remember. You are in LMS i read in your signature. I tried the Pi with Volumio and as Roon endpoint. For me it never was stable and reliant, short pain in the a..
My only reason for looking in this thread are the sometimes far away from reality living people who want to much for to less.

@d6jg
I do not want to struggle but the Pi solutions are and will be tinkerer things for me. For one who loves it, ok. For one who only wants to listen to music like me? I prefer grabbing in a shelf, pay the things. Make it ready to run and it has to work out of the box without another semester study. Like a TV.
I am to old and to lazy for other ways. And this hat you mentioned is well respected, but not from everyone. I remember. You are in LMS i read in your signature. I tried the Pi with Volumio and as Roon endpoint. For me it never was stable and reliant, short pain in the a..
My only reason for looking in this thread are the sometimes far away from reality living people who want to much for to less.
That is fully understood - self build is not for everyone. I was really only correcting your assertion that a "tinkerer solution" would be €600.

On the more general - "is a Pi an audiophile grade and stable piece of HiFi?" question - I can assure you that, if you know what you are doing, then it most definitely is. I have 5 Pi's as players dotted around the house connected to various systems. All are totally stable.

I totally agree about people asking for things far from reality in this thread.

A solution which fulfills every wish is nearly impossible. Even if cost is no object. With a little time one will find always what "should and could be better".
Tinkerer btw was not meant as invective, au contraire. I am also one, but not on audio related things.

WiiM (assuming you meant WiiM, not Wii) could consider producing. Firstly, they could focus on innovative gaming accessories that enhance the user experience, such as motion-sensing controllers or virtual reality peripherals. Additionally, branching out into smart home devices like voice-activated assistants or home automation systems could be promising. Exploring the realm of wearable technology, like fitness trackers or smartwatches, could also be a fruitful avenue. Ultimately, the key lies in identifying market demands, staying ahead of trends, and creating products that bring value and enjoyment to consumers. insta pro
787.jpg

Last edited:
Back