What products you'd like to see WiiM produce?

I’m not sure I understand what you mean?
They probably want to achieve an effect which is not simply measured by the number of possible users, ie. the impression of exclusivity as low-cost devices usually do not have a Roon support. So it's not an assumption that most people want it.

They probably want to achieve an effect which is not simply measured by the number of possible users, ie. the impression of exclusivity as low-cost devices usually do not have a Roon support. So it's not an assumption that most people want it.
So are you suggesting they think they will sell more units to non Roon users because they have Roon certification like it’s something mr average user aspires to but can’t afford/won’t buy?

So are you suggesting they think they will sell more units to non Roon users because they have Roon certification like it’s something mr average user aspires to but can’t afford/won’t buy?
I don't think it's the most probably scenario, but yes, I can imagine similar thing can happen sometimes.

I would rather expect an effect of being recommended by some people who use Roon, or an effect of being considered as a higher level device due to the being a part of Roon Ready club,

I don't think it's the most probably scenario, but yes, I can imagine similar thing can happen sometimes.
That’s crazy.
This is from Roon’s website.
Let’s assume two things neither of which can be considered stupid.
1. They aren’t inflating the number
2. The website content is controlled by the marketing dept and kept up to date.
How many users are there?
IMG_6223.jpeg

That’s crazy.
This is from Roon’s website.
Let’s assume two things neither of which can be considered stupid.
1. They aren’t inflating the number
2. The website content is controlled by the marketing dept and kept up to date.
How many users are there?
View attachment 1026
Which users do you mean here? Existing Roon users?

Which users do you mean here? Existing Roon users?
Yes. Existing Roon users.
That’s a screenshot from their website 15 mins ago. I’d suggest if they had 120,100 or 150,100 users then the Marketing Dept would insist it said “over 120k” or “over 150k” but it doesn’t it says over 100k which suggests to me the user base is somewhere between 100k and perhaps 120k. Absolutely insignificant compared to the user base of Spotify, Tidal, Qobuz etc.
I should add I tried Roon and yes it’s quite impressive but not sufficiently so to spend the money required to subscribe when it’s adds little over LMS’s capability. It reminds me of Sonos - capable but over priced.

Since it costs nothing here is my wish list. It's a mix of what they would like @MattVan e @Achim1811
- Display that can display album art, as well as basic playback info (song title, bit rates, etc...)
- Solid Aluminium Body. Something in the shape of NAD CS 1 with a front display
- No internal DAC
- USB audio Out, but also Coax & SPDIF
- Ok for Alexa integration. Just to use AMU connect.
- Of course all the streaming services that WiiMs have now. This, for me, it is their great strength. From what I've seen, virtually no Streamer on the market has that many streaming services built-in.
Spes ultima dea ;)

Seems one of the most requested thing is adding usb out. Hopefully Wiim adds this in their next streamer.

I'd say not really.
Wiim said, late May, "With the upcoming WiiM Pro+, we plan to address the audio quality complaints for the analog audio output..."
The analog output stage is arguably one of the most critical elements of a dac's sonic prowess (it's fundamentally a preamp), so a change / improvement in this area was what I, at least, was most expecting to be addressed.
If it is indeed on par with many popular dacs that'd be a fantastic one-stop box. I could be in the market for such a device soon...
If there’s a Pro+ it should ditch the internal DAC and offer only clean digital out to an external DAC. That’s what + means.

All connection included but omit internal dac is what I like. Even internal dac get improved users will still use external dac. Wiim could have just focus on what’s users want when they ask what we want.

I must agree with @Smartplug . How much better can a "better" WiiM internal DAC be, compared to an external DAC that alone costs 600 €? :unsure: There is no story. So if the only difference of the Pro+ will be this better DAC, why should I buy it? I really do not need it. I have my Pro, I have my external DAX(s) and I will keep it up. No need of WiiM's better DAC.
I will buy another Pro or whatever it will be called, when it will have no DAC, but a metal body, USB audio output and, perhaps, a display. ;)
Some might say, but there are already Streamers with the characteristics you are looking for, so why don't you buy them?
The answer is simple. It's true, they exist, but they haven't integrated all the services that WiiMs offer. The real selling point.
Last thought. As @Smartplug says it is useless for WiiM to ask users what they would like when they have already decided what to do without taking into account the various opinions.
So i will wait for a further WiiM Extra, if one :giggle:

If there’s a Pro+ it should ditch the internal DAC and offer only clean digital out to an external DAC. That’s what + means.

The Mini and the existing Pro do this, why create another model just to remove one component that is already easily bypassed?

For me, the ideal Pro+ was an all-in-one device with a high-performance DAC and a built-in power amplifier. It may not be necessary for users of this forum, but it is a reasonable product variation.

This is probably the first choice for the next product after Pro+.

I must agree with @Smartplug . How much better can a "better" WiiM internal DAC be, compared to an external DAC that alone costs 600 €? :unsure: There is no story. So if the only difference of the Pro+ will be this better DAC, why should I buy it? I really do not need it. I have my Pro, I have my external DAX(s) and I will keep it up. No need of WiiM's better DAC.
I will buy another Pro or whatever it will be called, when it will have no DAC, but a metal body, USB audio output and, perhaps, a display. ;)
Some might say, but there are already Streamers with the characteristics you are looking for, so why don't you buy them?
The answer is simple. It's true, they exist, but they haven't integrated all the services that WiiMs offer. The real selling point.
Last thought. As @Smartplug says it is useless for WiiM to ask users what they would like when they have already decided what to do without taking into account the various opinions.
So i will wait for a further WiiM Extra, if one :giggle:
Yeah, if you have an external DAC that costed €600, then the Pro+ might not interest you, but what about those consumers who are advised to get a Topping E30/50, or Schitt Modi or similar to accompany their WiiM? Don’t you think an all in one streamer/DAC that at least matches those (which is entirely supposition on my part) would find a market, especially if it’s priced less than the existing Pro plus such a DAC? In such a case the improved Roon Ready Pro+ would again compete with devices like the Bluesound Node.

Just because the Pro+ wouldn‘t interest you personally doesn’t mean it won’t interest others :)

Yeah, if you have an external DAC that costed €600, then the Pro+ might not interest you, but what about those consumers who are advised to get a Topping E30/50, or Schitt Modi or similar to accompany their WiiM? Don’t you think an all in one streamer/DAC that at least matches those (which is entirely supposition on my part) would find a market, especially if it’s priced less than the existing Pro plus such a DAC? In such a case the improved Roon Ready Pro+ would again compete with devices like the Bluesound Node.

Just because the Pro+ wouldn‘t interest you personally doesn’t mean it won’t interest others :)
@Brantome
Correct, but it seems that i'm not alone here asking for a device similar to what i have described. ;)
So we are many in both fields.

Wiim asked the general forum what we want to see on next product. Many of them said usb out, no internal dac and peq. Well, they did not implement anything what’s the user want instead optimizing internal dac that hardly anybody have any interest. Why ask question if none are implemented?

Back