What products you'd like to see WiiM produce?

I loved Toyota being defeated, but I had a little tear for the underperforming Porsches. My heart is German šŸ˜‰

I would love to see a Wiim + Touch Panel Display, that can display album art, as well as basic playback info (song title, bit rates, etc...). Maybe a Vu Meter would be cool as well. In fact, I would love for the Wiim Home app to have these features, and we can just use our smart phone or tablets to do the display. Thanks!

Thought a while what I really would like from WiiM. (Or from any other company).

- Ready to use, no self-assembling.
- Ethernet only, no wireless. A decent solid metal case will work.
- The @Bunubu idea with poe reads good, but f.e. my German Fritzbox does not support it. If it would it could be great and easy to change the router.
- no internal DAC.
- only USB out. USB DACs are available in many price ranges.
- decent internal power supply with C7 socket or similar. Could be axed if poe is implemented.
- no Chromecast, no Alexa, no Siri, no whatsoever. Unsmart all over.
- easy NAS integration
- Qobuz integration.
Edit: Such less components would allow an as perfect as possible shielding within the case. To avoid possible interferences.

I know that I am a dreamer and such a build is only for my special wishes. But we read about so much dreams here.
And as we read here all day: More features means more problems.

Last edited:
Sorry, but as I wrote it is for my wishes only. Would be difficult to find much positive resonance here. But in my eyes a market for such a pure music item is existing. Will have some chats the next days..

There is Cambridge audio mxn 10 lurking at under 500 and it has already received very very good feedback. Letā€™s see what happens with the new wiimā€¦

@steadyshot
I was able to test the bigger brother of the MX10, the CXN V2 for my dealer and I loved it. The DACMAGIC M200 f.e. is still with me and is a great DAC for that little money. So I expect the MX10 is a brilliant item too. But tbh, the WiiM software in my eyes is a little bit better than the Cambridge StreamMagic. For users who want to have so much, sometimes fighting each other features. But that is private meaning only.
And I stay with my idea to keep things simple. And FOR ME all this casting and smart functions are not necessary and make things one by one more sensitive for errors. May be I am to old for such playthings šŸ˜‰

Fortunately, most people define their expectations by the features they want and not by the ones they don't want. Thanks to this, it is possible to construct a device for a wide audience.

Fortunately, most people define their expectations by the features they want and not by the ones they don't want. Thanks to this, it is possible to construct a device for a wide audience.
Obviously thatā€™s a truism but it doesnā€™t explain why a manufacturer (WiiM in this case) inserts a feature that they assume most people want when in fact it is a minority use case. Roon.

Obviously thatā€™s a truism but it doesnā€™t explain why a manufacturer (WiiM in this case) inserts a feature that they assume most people want when in fact it is a minority use case. Roon.
I would call it a calculation not based on the number of possible users.

Iā€™m not sure I understand what you mean?
They probably want to achieve an effect which is not simply measured by the number of possible users, ie. the impression of exclusivity as low-cost devices usually do not have a Roon support. So it's not an assumption that most people want it.

They probably want to achieve an effect which is not simply measured by the number of possible users, ie. the impression of exclusivity as low-cost devices usually do not have a Roon support. So it's not an assumption that most people want it.
So are you suggesting they think they will sell more units to non Roon users because they have Roon certification like itā€™s something mr average user aspires to but canā€™t afford/wonā€™t buy?

So are you suggesting they think they will sell more units to non Roon users because they have Roon certification like itā€™s something mr average user aspires to but canā€™t afford/wonā€™t buy?
I don't think it's the most probably scenario, but yes, I can imagine similar thing can happen sometimes.

I would rather expect an effect of being recommended by some people who use Roon, or an effect of being considered as a higher level device due to the being a part of Roon Ready club,

I don't think it's the most probably scenario, but yes, I can imagine similar thing can happen sometimes.
Thatā€™s crazy.
This is from Roonā€™s website.
Letā€™s assume two things neither of which can be considered stupid.
1. They arenā€™t inflating the number
2. The website content is controlled by the marketing dept and kept up to date.
How many users are there?
IMG_6223.jpeg

Thatā€™s crazy.
This is from Roonā€™s website.
Letā€™s assume two things neither of which can be considered stupid.
1. They arenā€™t inflating the number
2. The website content is controlled by the marketing dept and kept up to date.
How many users are there?
View attachment 1026
Which users do you mean here? Existing Roon users?

Which users do you mean here? Existing Roon users?
Yes. Existing Roon users.
Thatā€™s a screenshot from their website 15 mins ago. Iā€™d suggest if they had 120,100 or 150,100 users then the Marketing Dept would insist it said ā€œover 120kā€ or ā€œover 150kā€ but it doesnā€™t it says over 100k which suggests to me the user base is somewhere between 100k and perhaps 120k. Absolutely insignificant compared to the user base of Spotify, Tidal, Qobuz etc.
I should add I tried Roon and yes itā€™s quite impressive but not sufficiently so to spend the money required to subscribe when itā€™s adds little over LMSā€™s capability. It reminds me of Sonos - capable but over priced.

Since it costs nothing here is my wish list. It's a mix of what they would like @MattVan e @Achim1811
- Display that can display album art, as well as basic playback info (song title, bit rates, etc...)
- Solid Aluminium Body. Something in the shape of NAD CS 1 with a front display
- No internal DAC
- USB audio Out, but also Coax & SPDIF
- Ok for Alexa integration. Just to use AMU connect.
- Of course all the streaming services that WiiMs have now. This, for me, it is their great strength. From what I've seen, virtually no Streamer on the market has that many streaming services built-in.
Spes ultima dea ;)

Back