What's your setup/configuration look like?

Marantz NR1200, PM6007 and CD6007 , Fluance RT85, Pro-Ject VTR, Aiwa AD-F370K Tape Deck and a Wiim Pro tucked away sending them around the house. WiiM amp and Mini in other rooms.
Hi,
It's a great system, but is it okay not to put a pixelate on your TV screen? 😅

Hello All,
I need some advice on how to hook up Wiim mini to this set up. Bose recommends having the EQ set up with the 901 speakers. Any thoughts/ideas?
Thanks in advance for your help.
T
If you're gonna be using the mini as your main digital source then you would hook it up to the EQ inputs using 3.5mm to RCA stereo cables. And then the outputs of your EQ to the amp... but only the output of the wiim will have the EQ applied in this configuration... and you will depend on the DAC in the mini

Marantz NR1200, PM6007 and CD6007 , Fluance RT85, Pro-Ject VTR, Aiwa AD-F370K Tape Deck and a Wiim Pro tucked away sending them around the house. WiiM amp and Mini in other rooms.
Lmao, I was about to react with the heart eyes until I saw @Wiimer 's comment!! 😂😂
Love the aiwa tape deck. Hope to get one soon

Here is my set up with Wiim Pro Plus.

YouTube Music => Chromecast to Wiim Pro Plus => Toslink output => SMSL DO100 Pro
=> XLR output => Kali WS6.2 subwoofer => XLR output (high pass applied) => Kali IN8 V2

Speakers are mounted on IsoAcoustics' ISO-200 and ISO-200 sub.
You put the electronics directly on top of the sub? 😱

You put the electronics directly on top of the sub? 😱
Kali WS-6.2 hardly vibrates because of opposite firing drivers. Magnetic field is a concern. Thanks for your feedback and I will relocate them off the subwoofer. I moved to the side with some cable management.

Attachments

• IMG_2129.jpg
    IMG_2129.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 28
Last edited:
Kali WS-6.2 hardly vibrates because of opposite firing drivers. Magnetic field is a concern. Thanks for your feedback and I will relocate them off the subwoofer. I moved to the side with some cable management.
you're welcome + thanks for sharing your setup! pretty cool design with the opposite firing drivers, but some vibration/resonance is to be expected in the case i reckon, no? 🤔 all i know is that theoretically, at least, it's NOT a good idea to vibrate a piezoelectric crystal oscillator when it's trying to perform it's function as a clock in your system! 🤷‍♂️ (ESPECIALLY the DAC) also the setup looks cooler with the electronics on the shelf, slightly asymmetrical! 🔥

just from the pics - looks like you're using isoacoustics stands throughout? i'm curious why you got them? and what you noticed once you implemented into your setup?

(also did you notice a difference, sonically when you moved the electronics off the sub??)

you're welcome + thanks for sharing your setup! pretty cool design with the opposite firing drivers, but some vibration/resonance is to be expected in the case i reckon, no? 🤔 all i know is that theoretically, at least, it's NOT a good idea to vibrate a piezoelectric crystal oscillator when it's trying to perform it's function as a clock in your system! 🤷‍♂️ (ESPECIALLY the DAC) also the setup looks cooler with the electronics on the shelf, slightly asymmetrical! 🔥

just from the pics - looks like you're using isoacoustics stands throughout? i'm curious why you got them? and what you noticed once you implemented into your setup?

(also did you notice a difference, sonically when you moved the electronics off the sub??)
Very good point about effect of vibration to clocks in the DAC as well as in WiiM! I agree with you and learn something new today.

I use IsoAcoustics' stands to make speakers sound as if they are suspended in air - so that sound energy is less likely to travel through nearby object via structure and making unwanted noise. I also like to lift subwoofer from the floor so that it does not overly emphasize low frequency energy due to boundary effect.

I have used IsoAcoustics from the initial set up. So unless I remove them, I cannot tell.

Why do I choose IsoAcoustics? I am more familiar with proaudio equipment than consumer audio. IsoAcoustic stands were initially introduced to target proaudio and became very popular in recording studios.

Did I notice a difference after I relocated the DAC and WiiM off the subwoofer? No, I don't have golden ears for that.

Thanks

1000002624.jpg1000002616.jpg
Here's the current setup. I know, it's tweak-heavy! :

WiiM Pro (ifi ipower v1 5V SMPS; sitting on Black Ravioli pad + damped with Audio Engineers Damper Kinetic M)
=> Oyaide DST-75R V2 coax cable
=> ifi S/PDIF ipurifier (MCRU DGTL power cable + topping p50 LPS; sitting on Black Ravioli pad)
=> Ludic Orpheus glass optical cable
=> Vanatoo Transparent Zero+ active speakers (Titan Audio NYX power cable + Audiophonics 24V/100W LPSU + Black Ravioli pads; sitting on Audio Engineers Booster Fluidum + fo.Q SB-2025 audio boards; Atacama Apollo Cyclone stands with atabites)
=> Viablue NF-B subwoofer cable
=> Ruark RS2 subwoofer

Back