What's your setup/configuration look like?

Pictures of all WiiM products are posted in the thread. Therefore, in this case, the subforum is not particularly authoritative or relevant. The title of the existing topic is general.
So what is the point of having a new topic with the same content? It would be better to have the existing 17-page topic moved instead of keeping a competing topic alive.

The very first post in that thread (not the title) refers directly to the WiiM Mini so that was clearly the original scope of the thread.

The old topic has pretty much fizzled out so I'll support the new request. Mods can always combine if they wish to do so.

My primary system is mostly unchanged for nearly 40 years. The previous nod to digital evolution was a Squeezebox and I got the Wiim to replace that (+ it does so much more).

IMG_20240821_142755.jpg

I'm setting up a system in the home I'll be retiring to and it'll be all-digital, using the Wiim Ultra as preamp and streamer. No pictures of that yet.

The old topic has pretty much fizzled out so I'll support the new request. Mods can always combine if they wish to do so.

My primary system is mostly unchanged for nearly 40 years. The previous nod to digital evolution was a Squeezebox and I got the Wiim to replace that (+ it does so much more).

View attachment 10679

I'm setting up a system in the home I'll be retiring to and it'll be all-digital, using the Wiim Ultra as preamp and streamer. No pictures of that yet.
No need to throw out the TT using the WiiM Ultra. 😃

My ongoing desktop.

IMG_2231.jpeg

Topping EX5 DAC/headphone amp on the left (driving Sennheiser HD600s), Ultra on the right, on top of which is a Topping PA5ii power amp, driving Wharfedale Diamond 12.1s.

I previously had the EX5 and Ultra the other way around, until the penny dropped that, being right handed, it was daft having the touchscreen on the left. 🤦‍♂️

The grey thing on the shelf in the middle is a charging stand for an Amazon Fire tablet. It’s in position as a placeholder for a new, upcoming monitor. The PC will go on the desktop in the middle.

My sub (BK) is in the bottom right corner (not in shot).

Still in a state of flux.

There’s currently a load of ‘stuff’ in the room that shouldn’t be there; it should be in the spare bedroom. But the spare bedroom is full of the new bathroom, which is currently being installed.

When the new bathroom is finished (Wednesday, I’m assured), I can move the stuff into the spare room. When that’s done I can re-run room correction. And when that’s done I can give some serious listening comments.

WiiM AMP, corrections off, now
Dali Oberon 5
Audioquest cables, some

Amazon Music, now

All together less then 1000 Euros, for me it sounds Great, and when speakers disappears and sounds go from everywhere, it sound Great^2.

Presently have my Ultra connected in various ways. Line in is either from my McIntosh C11 for use of it's phono and tape functions, or my McIntosh MX110, which is my main preamp and connected through Line Out and for use of it's phono and tuner functions. I also use the UBS out to my Denafrips Ares II and the headphone out, and I use additional inputs including Wi-Fi, Optical In to watch my 17 year old Panasonic plasma through my speakers, and also use the Ultra's phono. I stream Qobuz, my own library of ripped music, and various radio from all over the world.

IMG-1538.jpg

IMG-1536.jpg

Back