WiiM Amp Firmware v5.0.623437 Update - Jul 17, 2024

WiiM Team

Administrator
Staff member
Please review the WiiM Amp update release notes below. If you encounter any issues, feel free to reach out to us.

5.0.623437 (Latest)

Release date:
7 / 17 / 2024

What's New:

1. USB Audio: Supports two-channel USB audio output (requires app version 2.10.2 or later).
  2. USB Disk Manual Scan: Enhanced USB media library scanning process.
  3. Samba Protocol: Now supports Samba for music playback, including DSD audio files. Requires Android app version 2.10.4 or later and the upcoming iOS update (2.10.6).
  4. Media Player Optimization:
- Fixed issues with certain m3u8/HLS format audio.
- Displays original album artwork in the WiiM Home app when playing from a NAS.
- Resolved the issue preventing Sirius XM playback via Alexa.

Bug Fixes:

1. Pop Noise Fix: Reduced pop noise for Chromecast Audio.
  2. Resampling Accuracy: Improved resampling accuracy in fixed sample rate resampling.
  3. General Enhancements: Various performance improvements and bug fixes to enhance overall operation.

Last edited:
I can finally test an USB audio output ;)
It seems to provide a bit-perfect stream for network streaming, and non bit-perfect one in case of feeding via toslink input. Which is quite obvious for me.

I can finally test an USB audio output ;)
It seems to provide a bit-perfect stream for network streaming, and non bit-perfect one in case of feeding via toslink input. Which is quite obvious for me.
Do you mean from a technical of view i.e. you wouldn’t expect it to be bit perfect fed by toslink input?

silly question here, once you connect an external dac, do you control the volume on external dac and amp will be fixed output?

silly question here, once you connect an external dac, do you control the volume on external dac and amp will be fixed output?
The app doesn't have a fixed output setting for the Amp even when USB Audio out is chosen

I don't recall saying such a thing. Maybe.
I can't say anything about the sound quality yet, but the volume was low compared to the speaker output, so the volume had to be increased considerably on the amplifier side. This resulted in an increased amount of noise from the speakers. However, I believe this is a problem with my AO200 amplifier.

Next time I will test with the SMSL M200 DAC and Topping PA5, the M200 has a problem with pop noise between different sample rates and I will see if the USB output solves this.

There is no way to specify the output resolution in case of the USB output. :(

There is no way to specify the output resolution in case of the USB output. :(
I haven’t connected external dac yet since I’m still in bed reading the post. So you connect external dac then adjust the amp till you get decent out from usb and from there do the adjustment on dac volume? I remember my amp was set 3/4 on its volume if that’s enough for external dac to get decent volume.

I can't say anything about the sound quality yet, but the volume was low compared to the speaker output, so the volume had to be increased considerably on the amplifier side. This resulted in an increased amount of noise from the speakers. However, I believe this is a problem with my AO200 amplifier.

Next time I will test with the SMSL M200 DAC and Topping PA5, the M200 has a problem with pop noise between different sample rates and I will see if the USB output solves this.
Yes, I did indeed say that. 😂

Sorry, I guess I was ignorant because I was new to using the USB output.

I've tried with DSD over samba and through USB audio. Works fine for dsd64 but only in DoP format because dsf files are not visible at all.

Back