WiiM Amp Firmware v5.0.623437 Update - Jul 17, 2024

This makes no sense.. The WiiM amp is a very capable all in one solution with a very high quality design and built which is perfect for users like which had no previous equipment. If you have previous gear like other amps, dacs, etc it is completely illogic to purchase a a Wiim Amp unless its for a 2nd system.

if you have other gear the solution is simple get a Pro, Pro Plus, or Ultra. There is no reason to request that Wiim stops offering a great product like the Amp.
Where did he say they shouldn't offer the Amp?

This makes no sense.. The WiiM amp is a very capable all in one solution with a very high quality design and built which is perfect for users like which had no previous equipment. If you have previous gear like other amps, dacs, etc it is completely illogic to purchase a a Wiim Amp unless its for a 2nd system.

if you have other gear the solution is simple get a Pro, Pro Plus, or Ultra. There is no reason to request that Wiim stops offering a great product like the Amp.
I see where are you coming from. As beginner yes, but for hardcore audiophile want better devices. I already have those you stated above. Wiim already cover just about everything but many users still want streamer only with no dac just digital out with coax, usb, optical and possibly sub out.

I see where are you coming from. As beginner yes, but for hardcore audiophile want better devices. I already have those you stated above. Wiim already cover just about everything but many users still want streamer only with no dac just digital out with coax, usb, optical and possibly sub out.
It's understandable by an audiophile point of view, for that you have the Ultra. However we must remember WiiM is a Consumer Tech company that appeals to a much wider audience, which appreciate a wider and robust product line that includes the Mini, Amp, and hopefully much more in the future. :)

It's understandable by an audiophile point of view, for that you have the Ultra. However we must remember WiiM is a Consumer Tech company that appeals to a much wider audience, which appreciate a wider and robust product line that includes the Mini, Amp, and hopefully much more in the future. :)
Ultra is good example, it’s upgradable when usb out become available. USB out allow to bypass it’s internal dac and use your own.

Might try it in French..

Yes, a while ago. Sound ok, build quality average, usability horror.
I had that device for a while and that time wiim wasn’t in the market. It was expensive for what it’s worth. You have to use third party software and can only do Spotify and tidal connect.

If a "pure" streamer is expected to have a sub out, it still needs a DAC ...

I don't understand hot this discussion (which we had over and over and over again, already) relates to the WiiM Amp Firmware v5.0.623437.

I never thought I would use the USB output mainly for the lack of anything to plug into it. Then I remembered my Focusrite 212. Just tried it and it works fine as a headphone amp 👍
Having to turn off the speaker EQ is a pain though. I am sure this has been mentioned before.

Last edited:
I never thought I would use the USB output mainly for the lack of anything to plug into it. Then I remembered my Focusrite 212. Just tried it and it works fine as a headphone amp 👍
Answered my question. Just wish the sub out would work so I can power my KRK and use the 2 subs that I have

Back