WiiM Amp Firmware v5.0.623437 Update - Jul 17, 2024

I haven’t connected external dac yet since I’m still in bed reading the post. So you connect external dac then adjust the amp till you get decent out from usb and from there do the adjustment on dac volume? I remember my amp was set 3/4 on its volume if that’s enough for external dac to get decent volume.
You can do both. You must set the volume to 100% on the Amp for a bit perfect stream.

You can do both. You must set the volume to 100% on the Amp for a bit perfect stream.
Thanks, my plan was to bypass the amp dac and use higher quality dac and from there the external dac will be connected to power amp feed the elac concentric driver. These speakers sets just like Polk legend low sensitivity and 4 ohms power hungry. This will be music room 2. I have 3 music room and the third room awaiting for ultra.

On more thing, is usb out can use with subwoofer? I remember wiim said it but not sure if it was added on this firmware.

SMB share - IT'S working BUT only If i use server\share and not \\server\share as shown in the examples

SMB share - IT'S working BUT only If i use server\share and not \\server\share as shown in the examples
I was testing SMB on my WiiM Pro in beta and managed to have it mount my apple music library which has a pretty complex folder structure of its own.. no issues there.

On more thing, is usb out can use with subwoofer? I remember wiim said it but not sure if it was added on this firmware.
It’s a deal breaker that will render my sub useless using usb out.

Even if sub out was working along with USB out, that whole concept would only make sense with when the volume is controlled by the Amp exclusively.

I was testing SMB on my WiiM Pro in beta and managed to have it mount my apple music library which has a pretty complex folder structure of its own.. no issues there.
And you could playback the Apple Music files?

Updated my AMP to v5.0.623437 today and want to give feedback.
The Pop Noise issues with Chromecast seem finally fixed completely, I did not hear the issue even when switching manual tracks and that's when the issue occured every time.

I'm so happy this day finally came along.
Thanks so much for your continious support!

There is no way to set the fixed volume via mobile WHA app, but it can be done in the Windows app. Might be interesting for USB audio usage as it can even survive the reboot.

It's surprisingly hot but it consumes 12W of power in the USB audio streaming mode.

It's surprisingly hot but it consumes 12W of power in the USB audio streaming mode.
That's about the same as the normal consumption when the Amp isn't in standby. Couldn't the amplifier be disabled in USB audio streaming mode?

Back