WiiM Amp Firmware v5.0.625032 Update - Aug 2, 2024

WiiM Team

Administrator
Staff member
Please review the WiiM Amp update release notes below. If you encounter any issues, feel free to reach out to us.

5.0.625032 (In Progress)

Release date:
8 / 2 / 2024

What's New:
  1. Per-Channel EQ: Set parametric EQ settings for left and right channels individually (requires app version 2.10.7 or later).
  2. Refined Input Auto-Sensing: Enhanced for smoother audio transitions with reduced delay.
  3. Soundtrack SDK Enhancement: Upgraded for a better listening experience.
  4. Output Change Enhancement: Preserves the playing queue when switching audio outputs.
  5. DSD Playback Enhancement: Now supports playing DSD audio tracks in DFF format.
  6. Stabilized Wi-Fi Connection: Updated the Wi-Fi driver to enhance connection stability.
  7. Sound Quality Enhancement: Improved sound quality by adjusting the codec configuration, resulting in up to a 10 dB improvement in THD+N.
  8. USB Output Behavior: Device remains in USB Output mode when a USB sound card is connected.
  9. Bitrate Display for Input Sources: The actual bitrate for input sources is now shown in the WiiM Home app.
Bug Fixes:
  1. Pop Noise Fix: Reduced pop noise for Spotify Connect and TIDAL Connect.
  2. Squeezelite Enhancements: Resolved issues with artwork display and connectivity with the latest Logitech Media Server (LMS).
  3. General Enhancements: Various bug fixes and performance improvements for a smoother experience.

I really like seeing the Squeezelite enhancements. But I would very appreciate if native ALAC support would be added (especially since the Amp supports ALAC playback via other sources).

Just tried per channel PEQ. If anyone can figure out how to save the pair of PEQ tables and select them for another input please let me know. I seem to have both channels enabled for optical but selecting the same saved settings for ethernet I only see the left channel.

It's obvious this didn't go through a beta phase.

Last edited:
Just tried per channel PEQ. If anyone can figure out how to save the pair of PEQ tables and select them for another input please let me know. I seem to have both channels enabled for optical but selecting the same saved settings for ethernet I only see the left channel.

It's obvious this didn't go through a beta phase.
To answer my own question it appears you need to save left and right corrections separately.

It's a little bit weird right now, yes. And switching between left and right PEQ is surprisingly sloooooow.

I wonder what would be the next update since independent left right peq is out so does usb out which are remaining major update from roadmap that mostly interest users.

Hello.
This FW introduced droputs in the sound for me when using HDMI ARC from my LG C1 and LG C3. So 2 different tvs have begun to doing this
Have not experinced this with the previous FW
Comes with maybe an intervall of 10-15minutes.
Anyone else experinces this ?

Hello.
This FW introduced droputs in the sound for me when using HDMI ARC from my LG C1 and LG C3. So 2 different tvs have begun to doing this
Have not experinced this with the previous FW
Comes with maybe an intervall of 10-15minutes.
Anyone else experinces this ?
The same problem on Optical Input, source TV Samsung.

I noticed this, too (over HDMI) but think it went away after an additional reboot of TV and Ultra.

Will have to keep an eye on it.

PS:
Posted to the wrong thread, since my Amp is not connected to any TV, but the new features in this release are very similar between Amp and Ultra, so maybe the bugs are as well. :)

I noticed this, too (over HDMI) but think it went away after an additional reboot of TV and Ultra.

Will have to keep an eye on it.

PS:
Posted to the wrong thread, since my Amp is not connected to any TV, but the new features in this release are very similar between Amp and Ultra, so maybe the bugs are as well. :)
I had the TV playing through the amp when I started the firmware update. After the update I heard silence and had to reselect the optical input. Since then I have rebooted the amp. Sound just went off for a second while I write this.

Back