WiiM Amp Firmware v5.0.626857 Update - Aug 20, 2024

WiiM Team

Administrator
Staff member
Please review the WiiM Amp update release notes below. If you encounter any issues, feel free to reach out to us.

5.0.626857 (In Progress)

Release date:
8 / 20 / 2024

What's New:
  1. Pre-Gain Feature: Add logic for Pre-Gain functionality (requires app version 2.11.0 or later).
  2. Bluetooth Playback Upgrade: Enhanced Bluetooth playback to reduce latency and eliminate stuttering issues.

Bug Fixes:
  1. USB Output Improvement: Resolve the playback distortion issue with the S24_3LE format.
  2. USB Scan Enhancement: Resolve an issue that prevented the USB scan process from completing and improved the scan speed.
  3. Group Enhancement: Resolve an issue that prevented multiple devices from being grouped together.
  4. Playback Improvements: Fix TIDAL playback skipping and stopping issues.
  5. General Enhancements: Various bug fixes and performance improvements for a smoother experience.

Hi, apologies if this is the wrong place to ask as I’ve just joined the forum having just bought a WiiM Amp. This isn’t downloading, the Amp has the last update but says it’s up to date. Anything I could or need to do here? Sorry to ask a noob question

Hi, apologies if this is the wrong place to ask as I’ve just joined the forum having just bought a WiiM Amp. This isn’t downloading, the Amp has the last update but says it’s up to date. Anything I could or need to do here? Sorry to ask a noob question
Welcome.
It can take a few days to get distributed.
You just have to wait!!

Thank you for your help
As I mentioned I’m new to the forum and only had the Amp for 24 hours, so still learning.
Loving the product though, sounds amazing through my Diamond 12.2s

First impressions of Pre-gain is that the gain sliders are dreadful. You can't see the gain setting until you release the slider.

Question about pre gain:-

Is this a true pre boost ? or just a volume recalibration of source

Question about pre gain:-

Is this a true pre boost ? or just a volume recalibration of source
Pregain is useful if you just click a couple of times and get very loud. Lowering the slider would allow you get more click in gradual fashion. Try lowering it by 3db and see if you like how the volume raise the volume. Mine set -10db because I have high gain amp.

Back