WiiM Amp Firmware v5.0.626857 Update - Aug 20, 2024

Yes presumably because he used positive Pre-gain. What was your point about line voltage?
Since i was experiencing few click,it get loud due to high gain amp and potentially blow my speakers knowing these are 450 watt at 8 ohms. I made few listening which one would work on my case without ruining tonal balance from low to high volume. Line level doesn’t ruin tonal except if I choose the lowest 500mv. Pregain which I think ruin bit perfect and line level voltage does not. I could be wrong.

Since i was experiencing few click,it get loud due to high gain amp and potentially blow my speakers knowing these are 450 watt at 8 ohms. I made few listening which one would work on my case without ruining tonal balance from low to high volume. Line level doesn’t ruin tonal except if I choose the lowest 500mv. Pregain which I think ruin bit perfect and line level voltage does not. I could be wrong.
So nothing to do with the WiiM amp then?

With a slight boost to hq streaming the WiiM amp now appears to be delivered some body and impact to music it's packed on my loudspeakers.

Just wanting to be sure the main stage was actually being pushed and I wasn't just experiencing a higher volume for a given position on the UI slider.
Take the facts as they are and you will come to see:

Your brain might be telling you that the amp finally got a "tighter grip" on the speaker, delivering "more body" and "impact". But the only thing that really happened on the technical side is a bit higher SPL and that's it.

That's part of how our hearing works. :)

Back