WiiM Amp Placement Query

Erebus

I'm a little bit pressed for space in my situation and only have limited shelf space for my speakers, CD player and WiiM Amp. Would fairly close placement - a couple of centimetres apart perhaps for one speaker, the CD player and WiiM - cause any issues? Could the WiiM Amp sit on top of the CD player? How close can the WiiM be to a speaker? Any advice greatly appreciated.

I'm a little bit pressed for space in my situation and only have limited shelf space for my speakers, CD player and WiiM Amp. Would fairly close placement - a couple of centimetres apart perhaps for one speaker, the CD player and WiiM - cause any issues? Could the WiiM Amp sit on top of the CD player? How close can the WiiM be to a speaker? Any advice greatly appreciated.
Will there be only one speaker and will it play mono?

It is preferable to leave enough space around the speaker, but placing the WiiM amp right next to it will probably not have a significant negative impact. Amp should not be in front of the speaker.

And yes, as long as the CD player does not get hot, it is not a problem to put the Amp on top of it. it is a good idea to put an insulator under the Amp to open up enough space.

Will there be only one speaker and will it play mono?
No, two speakers, but one will be together with the CD player and WiiM Amp.
It is preferable to leave enough space around the speaker, but placing the WiiM amp right next to it will probably not have a significant negative impact. Amp should not be in front of the speaker.
Yes, all makes sense.
And yes, as long as the CD player does not get hot, it is not a problem to put the Amp on top of it. it is a good idea to put an insulator under the Amp to open up enough space.
Thank you for the tip. Please excuse my ignorance, but what sort of insulator do you mean?

My WiiM Amp is sitting on top of one of my Loudspeakers, and I haven't noticed any issues in the 8 months that I have had it.

Thank you. Are there no feet on the WiiM or are they not sufficient?
Of course there are. :) And these are even nice feet, which are just plugged into the screw wholes on the bottom of the WiiM Amp.

But - spoiler alert - WiiM went with taller feet (bigger in height, not in diameter) on the improved WiiM Amp Pro and I guess they did so for a reason. There are no vents on top of either case. You might get away with your setup. But in case you notice any thermal issues the solution might be as simple as using bigger feet for the Amp, as mentioned by @Wiimer.

Back