WiiM Amp Pro

Unfortunately once again, per Amazon listing:
  • NOTE: This device is incompatible with AirPlay and cannot function as an AirPlay receiver.
And Chromecast (Google Cast) probably won’t work properly like with the Ultra.

New devices should implement new cast framework / SDK. Which implies the same issues as with the Ultra.

Reactions: DRC
So if I understand correctly, the basic difference between the WiiM amp Pro and the WiiM amp is a different DAC and that it doesn't have Airplay. Output power is the same, connections the same, design is almost the same, same functions...

As a WiiM Amp owner I`m both disappointed and pleased (that the offer is not good enough to make me want to upgrade 😅).

Company/product-wise - this $80 price difference is not justified and nor attractive for most users. TBH I don´t think they did a very good job with this one.

So if I understand correctly, the basic difference between the WiiM amp Pro and the WiiM amp is a different DAC and that it doesn't have Airplay. Output power is the same, connections the same, design is almost the same, same functions...

As a WiiM Amp owner I`m both disappointed and pleased (that the offer is not good enough to make me want to upgrade 😅).

Company/product-wise - this $80 price difference is not justified and nor attractive for most users. TBH I don´t think they did a very good job with this one.
The main difference is Post Filter Feedback to make the frequency response less speaker dependent.

If I am not mistaken, the main upgrade is the improvement in sound quality and frequency response due to PFFB.

I am not sure if I can hear a difference.😂

See the post here where it’s stated: “The key differences between the Amp and Amp Pro include an upgraded DAC, PFFB support, the latest Wi-Fi 6E and Bluetooth 5.3 technologies, and Dolby Audio support.”

Post in thread 'WiiM Ultra'
https://forum.wiimhome.com/threads/wiim-ultra.1731/post-52076

Can you please point me to a simple explanation of what PFFB is?
Don’t know if this helps: “PFFB offers many benefits including lower output noise, improved THD+N performance, improved IMD
performance, lower output impedance, frequency response less affected by load impedance, and suppression of nonlinearities of the LC filter.”

Don’t know if this helps: “PFFB offers many benefits including lower output noise, improved THD+N performance, improved IMD
performance, lower output impedance, frequency response less affected by load impedance, and suppression of nonlinearities of the LC filter.”
Yes, but does it sound better? 🤔🙂

Sorry, but I doubt if I personally would be able to hear a difference.

I’m happy these days to opine on features and usability of kit but at my age it would have to be a total night and day difference for me to notice :(
The short answer is: Yes. :D

I don't have time for the long answer right now. I'm on holiday. 😂
Any perceived improvement will have to be offset against the loss of AirPlay, and AirPlay wins in my case. Therefore, it looks like I won't be getting one to replace my WiiM Amp.

Back