WiiM Amp Pro

It's an hdmi input
Try attaching any standard non-ARC HDMI source to it (a DVD player, a streaming dongle, whatever) and you will come to a different conclusion. It cannot interoperate with any of those sources. Even audio only content from those sources (playing a CD in the DVD player) won't play though this port on the amp. Hence it is not an HDMI input.

The "return" portion of Audio Return Channel is a bit confusing. Especially in the case of components like the Wiim Amp which have only an ARC port, so there is nothing "returning" to the Amp. Only in the context of, say, an AVR with other standard HDMI ports does the "return" language make sense. Consider an Xbox, connected via HDMI to the AVR, then the AVR connected via ARC to the TV: in this case, the audio from the Xbox is sent with the video data through the AVR, to the TV, and then the audio data "returned" from the TV to the AVR.

Don't beat up the Wiim Amp for simply using the accepted (and I'd strongly bet legally required by HDMI licensing) term on their port labels. Any "blame" for the less-than-intuitive terminology can be directed to the HDMI consortium.

Try attaching any standard non-ARC HDMI source to it (a DVD player, a streaming dongle, whatever) and you will come to a different conclusion. It cannot interoperate with any of those sources. Even audio only content from those sources (playing a CD in the DVD player) won't play though this port on the amp. Hence it is not an HDMI input.

The "return" portion of Audio Return Channel is a bit confusing. Especially in the case of components like the Wiim Amp which have only an ARC port, so there is nothing "returning" to the Amp. Only in the context of, say, an AVR with other standard HDMI ports does the "return" language make sense. Consider an Xbox, connected via HDMI to the AVR, then the AVR connected via ARC to the TV: in this case, the audio from the Xbox is sent with the video data through the AVR, to the TV, and then the audio data "returned" from the TV to the AVR.

Don't beat up the Wiim Amp for simply using the accepted (and I'd strongly bet legally required by HDMI licensing) term on their port labels. Any "blame" for the less-than-intuitive terminology can be directed to the HDMI consortium.
I appreciate your help
I thought that since it said arc they might have enabled an on screen display maybe, but then when they didn't i was thinking why call it arc
Thinking about upgrading from the plus but trying to argue with myself sorry

My request would be higher density and rack mount.
I'm looking to upgrade my 2 * Crestron 6 stereo zone amps. that currently take up 2RU each.

I've been waiting for Origin Acoustics to come out with their CI line of Wiim products. Should have been out by now. Not sure if the Apple Airplay issue has put a snag in those plans. https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/discover-wiim-ci-product-range-new-details-released-geb7c/
Ohh WiiM CI MOD A4: Four Zone Amplifier and Audio Streamer looks ideal…
I had a reply from WiiM support saying a rack out product was coming a few months ago but then they stopped replying..

Is that the AirPlay cast issue or something else?

Ohh WiiM CI MOD A4: Four Zone Amplifier and Audio Streamer looks ideal…
I had a reply from WiiM support saying a rack out product was coming a few months ago but then they stopped replying..

Is that the AirPlay cast issue or something else?
Not sure of the source of the delay, but I've sent a note asking for another update. I'm planning a whole house system based on the 1U 4x streamers (amps are separate).

Back