WiiM Amp

I like the concept of wiim amp but I’m not sure if its power output will be sufficient to power Polk legend. I’m currently using Yamaha AVR in pure direct and pre out on external amp 450/ch. Even at this power out they just produce decent volume.
If you're lucky, you might even become a beta tester. Send enthusiastic letters with feedback.🤣

You have great speakers. Is the sensitivity about 87dB? My Focal is 91.5dB, so it's probably fine.

According to Audiophonics listing , the RCA input can be repurposed as a pre-out to use an external power amplifier :D
Now I'm wondering whether, if this is true, the RCA inputs on the Pro/Pro+ could be repurposed as a subwoofer output(s)? @WiiM Support @WiiM Team
This has been raised a couple of times and all WiiM could say was that they’d refer it back to engineering to see if it was possible

This has been raised a couple of times and all WiiM could say was that they’d refer it back to engineering to see if it was possible
Seems they've cracked it, then? It is quite an unusual function, so to speak, so I doubt Audiophonics would put in there mistakenly.
They also mention 10 band PEQ, which may well be a typo, but I'm looking on the bright side ;)

It say rca input switchable to pre out. It can connect an external power amp. I wonder if that usb can also be switch to out so it can connect external dac.

Haha, it could be possible since bluesound node usb can be either or. But the big plus for me the pre out so I can connect my external 450/ch for power hungry Polk legend.

Hi Team,

I'd like to shed some light on the functionalities of the USB and Line-In ports on the WiiM Amp.

1. USB Port: This is designed for connecting USB storage devices. The WiiM Amp scans and indexes your music collection, acting as a constant home media server via DLNA. Note that it doesn't function as a USB audio output.

2. Line-In Port: This port is for linking up with your chosen audio source. It's not designed to act as a Line Out (or Pre-out) for connecting to another power amplifier.

Hi Team,

I'd like to shed some light on the functionalities of the USB and Line-In ports on the WiiM Amp.

1. USB Port: This is designed for connecting USB storage devices. The WiiM Amp scans and indexes your music collection, acting as a constant home media server via DLNA. Note that it doesn't function as a USB audio output.

2. Line-In Port: This port is for linking up with your chosen audio source. It's not designed to act as a Line Out (or Pre-out) for connecting to another power amplifier.
Why did audiophonics states those info? Where did they get those in depth information?

You maybe have destroyed a few wet dreams from some users...but it will get them finally back their inner peace 😉 after a while.

Back