WiiM Amp

November will be Amazon US. Probably it will only appear in Europe in January. Linkplay is very US focussed. Audiophonics.fr is usually one of the first to post new WIIM products on their website, before they are in stock.

Well, I need it for a local certification purpose, is it possible to obtain somehow?
What “local certification process”?

The device hasn’t been released yet and I don’t know what stage of production it’s in. You could try raising a ticket direct to WiiM and see if they can provide that info yet.

I am considering connecting WiiM Amp to the AVR preout. It might be a little lacking in power, but it'll probably be okay. However, I am worried about which way to connect the subwoofer. 🤔

I am considering connecting WiiM Amp to the AVR preout. It might be a little lacking in power, but it'll probably be okay. However, I am worried about which way to connect the subwoofer. 🤔
From precut to rca input of wiim? Isn’t wiim amp has volume control?

AVR (Front preout) > (Line-in) WiiM Amp > speaker

Share one pair of front speakers with AVR and WiiM Amp. 🙂
I don't think that will work when you want to use the AVR as an AVR. The audio to Pre-Out won't be front L&R from 5.1 it will be a downmix from 5.1 to stereo

EDIT
Re-thinking. Yes it might work if the AVR is clever enough to realise that the rears are still directly connected.

I don't think that will work when you want to use the AVR as an AVR. The audio to Pre-Out won't be front L&R from 5.1 it will be a downmix from 5.1 to stereo

EDIT
Re-thinking. Yes it might work if the AVR is clever enough to realise that the rears are still directly connected.

The AVR's front pre-out outputs only a 2ch signal. There is no problem because other channels output with speaker out. 🙂

I've already done this and am considering replacing my current power amplifier with the WiiM Amp.

The AVR's front pre-out outputs only a 2ch signal. There is no problem because other channels output with speaker out. 🙂

I've already done this and am considering replacing my current power amplifier with the WiiM Amp.
The setup will be wiim volume at max and AVR control the volume. The speaker will also be connected to wiim.

The setup will be wiim volume at max and AVR control the volume. The speaker will also be connected to wiim.
Yes, You're right.😉

If you don't turn up the volume on your WiiM, it won't be balanced with other channels. My AVR is 75w at 8ohm.

However, WHA requires volume control according to input. Otherwise, when listening to music on WiiM, an explosive sound will pop out.

However, WHA requires volume control according to input. Otherwise, when listening to music on WiiM, an explosive sound will pop out.
I like the concept of wiim amp but I’m not sure if its power output will be sufficient to power Polk legend. I’m currently using Yamaha AVR in pure direct and pre out on external amp 450/ch. Even at this power out they just produce decent volume.

Back