WiiM Amp

It has a Line In remember - so is that going to be passed via ADC to the Digital Amp unaltered - this could cause awful level matching issues on switching inputs?

It has a Line In remember - so is that going to be passed via ADC to the Digital Amp unaltered - this could cause awful level matching issues on switching inputs?I have not used the line-in on the Pro Plus, but I assume there is an ADC for it, so that the app, and the equalizer, etc. works with it.
I have not used the line-in on the Pro Plus, but I assume there is an ADC for it, so that the app, volume control, and the equalizer, etc. works with it. So my assumption would be that the line-in on the Wiim Amp goes through an ADC, then processed digitally, and then back through the DAC before the amp. A class-D amp still needs a DAC, and the level matching would be no problem. The turntable purists I know would have a problem with this - the double conversion, but they are a different crowd...

Do we have any info about power consumption particularly in a standby state ie not playing anything?

"A class D amp still needs a DAC"...
I disagree!!
The input to a class D amp is an analog signal.
The 'D' in class d does not stand for digital, although many so called digital amplifiers use class D ampification.

"A class D amp still needs a DAC"...
I disagree!!
The 'D' in class d does not stand for digital, although many so called digital amplifiers use class D ampification.
Of course a class-D amp has an analog input. I meant it needs a DAC in a device like this. The question is whether the analog inputs will stay analog or not before they get to the amp section. My guess is they will be converted to digital first, like in the Pro Plus.

Of course a class-D amp has an analog input.
Well, actually, there are class D amplifier with digital inputs. And I don't mean an DAC inside the amp, but actually digital input to the class D section of the amp. See NAD's DirectDigital tech. Although they are increasingly rare, and analog input class D is everywhere.

Last edited:
Sounds like a decent alternative to Sonos Amp / Bluesound Powernode.
Would you be able to connect 2x pairs of speakers to 1x amp? I want this to power 4x 8ohm ceiling speakers in my kitchen.

oh gosh... my M10 has so many random shutdowns and reboots that I lost count. And Roon losing its connectivity, plus the recent firmware fiasco, and BlueOS support promising updates something but never delivers, BluOS 4 is vaporware, Dirac Live Bass Control is vaporware despite promises 3 years ago.

The NAD experience is a total and complete opposite of Wiim's transparency, actively responding to customers and rapidly making improvements, which is a type of company that I will not hesitate buying products from.
Agreed I bought a T778 earlier this year, went through 4 units in less than 3 months, all had different faults. Plus the Roon Ready fiasco Never buy one of their products again their QC and support are not great.

Would you be able to connect 2x pairs of speakers to 1x amp? I want this to power 4x 8ohm ceiling speakers in my kitchen.
I would like to do the same thing

Old school theory was if the 4 speakers are all the same (identical) then you can wire 2 to each terminal and the result is as an example that you turn a 2 x 50w system into a 4 x 25w system but if the speakers aren't identical then don't as they can have different ratings.

Old school theory was if the 4 speakers are all the same (identical) then you can wire 2 to each terminal and the result is as an example that you turn a 2 x 50w system into a 4 x 25w system but if the speakers aren't identical then don't as they can have different ratings.
Thanks, my understanding is that by adding an additional speaker to the same output you double the independence. So 2x 8ohm speakers put a 4ohm load on the amplifier.
Providing the speaker outputs are 4-16ohm then all should be ok.

This video explains it pretty well:

Comparison on the rear with the Competition (€699 $649) the Bluesound Powernode Edge. Pretty similar but dedicated optical and analogue inputs on the WIIM. The remote for the Edge is optional €69, for the WIIM it is included. The Edge is 40 watt's @ 8Ohms the WIIM 60W/channel at 8ohms, 120W/channel at 4ohms. So 50% more power rating.
Screenshot-2023-10-06-at-13-21-43-Bluesound-POWERNODE-Edge-(Black).jpg

Last edited:
is there any news when it will appear on sale?
What's been said so far is November. Going on past form, however, that may well only apply to certain territories and I won't be surprised if availability is tight, particularly at the start. All signs are pointing to this being huge.

Back