WiiM Home, LMS, Volumio

It depends on what you are trying to compare.
To use an English idiom, its a bit like comparing apples and pears
All three overlap in terms of functionality and each may have something the others don't.
Each has its their own user interface and pros and cons
You need to decide what you like and don't like and use one, two or all of them.
I have all three in my setup.

Why preferring one between WiiM Home, LMS, Volumio?
From your earlier post it seems you may only use a streaming service, so why not the native streaming app as they often include additional content/functionality?

Last edited:
I am not a friend of Tidal, for historic reasons. But any WiiM and this cheap new 11€ tier for FLACs with Tidal Connect seems to me the most fitting option for this not-so-demanding-mono-thematic use case.

I am not a friend of Tidal, for historic reasons. But any WiiM and this cheap new 11€ tier for FLACs with Tidal Connect seems to me the most fitting option for this not-so-demanding-mono-thematic use case.
I've got Qobuz and don't know about Qobuz Connect. What the advantage of Tidal Connect with WiiM Pro Plus?

There is a search feature here and on the world wide web. Don't get me too wrong, but all this threads remind me when roughly 40 years ago my son answered every answer he got with "Why?"

I've got Qobuz and don't know about Qobuz Connect. What the advantage of Tidal Connect with WiiM Pro Plus?
Qobuz Connect doesn’t yet exist but has been in development for a while.

Tidal Connect means you’re using the Tidal app to cast/send music to your WiiM device and have access to the full range of features that the Tidal app can offer, over the restricted subset they make available thru their third party interface that WiiM has access to.

Why preferring one between WiiM Home, LMS, Volumio?
This is like asking is coax better than optical, or if one DAC is better than another, to which my stock answer is of the form: you have to decide yourself by trying each as our individual preferences over subjective things like features, sound, ease of use etc etc are entirely different….

Back