WiiM Pro is now Roon Ready

Hi everyone,

We released the official firmware update today with Roon Ready and it will be rolled out in batches through the weekend. Those who were whitelisted with Roon Ready, will also get the latest official update. Hope you enjoy it!

For those who are interested in trying out Roon we have a 14-day free trial offer with Roon you can sign-up for.

We go more in-depth about Roon on our WiiM blog too.

Hi everyone,

We released the official firmware update today with Roon Ready and it will be rolled out in batches through the weekend. Those who were whitelisted with Roon Ready, will also get the latest official update. Hope you enjoy it!

For those who are interested in trying out Roon we have a 14-day free trial offer with Roon you can sign-up for.

We go more in-depth about Roon on our WiiM blog too.
I can't wait for this. It's the reason I bought my WiiM Pro a few months ago. I added my MAC address to the whitelist but never received it. Fingers crossed it comes soon!

I would just like to confirm that everyone with a WiimPro will receive this software update enabling Roon Ready functionality.
Thanks. I read something earlier about whitelisting with MAC addresses. Just want to avoid any confusion. Thanks.

I would just like to confirm that everyone with a WiimPro will receive this software update enabling Roon Ready functionality.
Thanks. I read something earlier about whitelisting with MAC addresses. Just want to avoid any confusion. Thanks.
Yes everyone, even those who were whitelisted and got the beta.

Thanks mate, I knew I could rely upon Blighty to bring the goods :). When not in the States, I'm in North London, a Yank in Belsize Park. C'mon you Spurs!!!!
I think you asked about the Pro firmware version which is 4.8.521547.
The app (WHA) is not related to Roon Ready of the device.

I think you asked about the Pro firmware version which is 4.8.521547.
The app (WHA) is not related to Roon Ready of the device.
The firmware version helps, that should signal the update. Although my current software app version is behind as well and I just uninstalled and reinstalled it. Oh well.

Still no update available...
I tried rebooting, reinstalling the app...

Stuck at 520133

Also... I curiosly see seven instances of WiiM Pro AirPlay on Roon Settings...

But...it is worth the patience! Set up this morning a not longer used, far away from high performance notebook as core and it is fine. Easier than to play around the settings with ARC. Only in use for streaming here, so no big storage needed.

Last edited:
The post from one member that my Nucleus+ is basically not more than a Rasperry Pi mattered me more than I thought it would.
Watching a couple of videos and the descriptions from Roon I have ordered an Intel NUC 11 with 8GB RAM and a small SSD which was less than 300 €. Will be the first contact with such things since a good while. It reads and looks quite simple to install the Roon Rock software. I will let you know about my experiences. If you want it or not 😉

For my knowledge really the Argon Solo. ~ 250 €. Certified and tested by Roon. But the higher price and compared to the WiiM's variety of services for me not longer a contender.

Back