WiiM Pro is now Roon Ready

Signed up for early access to the Roon Ready firmware yesterday evening and within 3 hours it had been pushed. Works just great.
Where do you sign up from?
I’ve done the updates but the newest firmware I get is still the old one, no Roon support yet (only over Chromecast and A/Play).
Also rebooted the Wiim Pro and still no Roon connection.
Thanks!

Where do you sign up from?
I’ve done the updates but the newest firmware I get is still the old one, no Roon support yet (only over Chromecast and A/Play).
Also rebooted the Wiim Pro and still no Roon connection.
Thanks!
See comment #51, but I’d expect the public release to be available soon, maybe this/next week. You might be as well waiting :)

edit: #51 not #15 ;)

Last edited:
In #32 WiiM mentioned the regular update for the Pro would be 6/30.
So if my calendar is the same it should be today.

My second Wiim which I didn't register for the beta just received a firmware update making it Roon ready. Guess it's publicly available ;)

In #32 WiiM mentioned the regular update for the Pro would be 6/30.
So if my calendar is the same it should be today.
Darko and others announced that the update will be 30/6 a few hours ago. Should be here any day I guess.

4.8.521547 is available.
It's an official Roon Ready FW as it gives an access to Roon Ready service in the WiiM Home app.

4.8.521547 is available.
It's an official Roon Ready FW as it gives an access to Roon Ready service in the WiiM Home app.
I guess they’re rolling out the updates in batches. No sign of an update in this corner of the world 👍🏼

Just a heads up, I had to update Roon to newest version to enable my Pro.
Prior to that I was receiving the message 'device unauthorised' or something similar.

My conviction: With this step to RR the WiiM is finally the logical solution for a streamer.
It makes it so affordable that the saved money could be used for all the surrounding stuff like amps, speaker, dacs and so on.

Prior to updates it worked perfectly via Airplay, make sure you choose/enable the RAAT version

Back