WiiM Pro Plus Firmware v4.8.618441 Update - May 29, 2024

WiiM Team

Administrator
Staff member
Please review the WiiM Pro Plus update release notes below. If you encounter any issues, feel free to reach out to us.

What's New:

1. Refined Input Auto-Sensing: Enhanced auto-sensing ensures smooth audio transitions without interruptions, automatically switching inputs only when there is no active playback.
2. Enhanced Alarm Behavior: Alarms now increase smoothly to the set volume without interrupting ongoing playback.

Bug Fixes:

1. Pandora Login Issue: Resolved an issue causing frequent re-logins.
2. EQ Toggle Issue: Corrected a bug preventing toggling EQ settings on or off.
3. Spotify Connect Progress Tracking: Fixed inaccuracies in playback progress for Spotify Connect.
4. General Enhancements: Various performance improvements and bug fixes to enhance overall operation.

I have a TV connected to Line-in and up to this point everything worked great. I often listen to music from WiFi, it was enough that I turned on the TV and automatically the sound switched to the TV. After this update, every time I have to manually switch the sound source from WiFi to the TV which is very cumbersome. Why did you change that?

I have a TV connected to Line-in and up to this point everything worked great. I often listen to music from WiFi, it was enough that I turned on the TV and automatically the sound switched to the TV. After this update, every time I have to manually switch the sound source from WiFi to the TV which is very cumbersome. Why did you change that?
Please check again that the auto-sensing line-in is turned on in the audio input settings of the WiiM app.

Please check again that the auto-sensing line-in is turned on in the audio input settings of the WiiM app.
The configuration is correct. Until I manually turn off the music on WiFi before I turn on the TV, the source will not automatically switch to the TV.

Attachments

• IMG_0069.png
    IMG_0069.png
    1 MB · Views: 10
The configuration is correct. Until I manually turn off the music on WiFi before I turn on the TV, the source will not automatically switch to the TV.

If rebooting the device does not help, please submit a support ticket through the feedback section of the WiiM app. A log of your device will be sent with it to help resolve the issue.

The auto sensing is now working as it should do, as you wouldn't want it to change input whilst listening to music on another source. Simply stop the current music source, and then it will change to the new input source.

Please review the WiiM Pro Plus update release notes below. If you encounter any issues, feel free to reach out to us.

What's New:

1. Refined Input Auto-Sensing: Enhanced auto-sensing ensures smooth audio transitions without interruptions, automatically switching inputs only when there is no active playback.
2. Enhanced Alarm Behavior: Alarms now increase smoothly to the set volume without interrupting ongoing playback.

Bug Fixes:

1. Pandora Login Issue: Resolved an issue causing frequent re-logins.
2. EQ Toggle Issue: Corrected a bug preventing toggling EQ settings on or off.
3. Spotify Connect Progress Tracking: Fixed inaccuracies in playback progress for Spotify Connect.
4. General Enhancements: Various performance improvements and bug fixes to enhance overall operation.
I have the latest firmware 4.8.619138 and I can’t turn on the eq except for Ethernet but can’t change to other saved eq settings and the app version is also current

I have the latest firmware 4.8.619138 and I can’t turn on the eq except for Ethernet but can’t change to other saved eq settings and the app version is also current
Switch to the input you want to turn on EQ for and it will work.

I guess this is intended to avoid changing EQ settings accidentally but don't think it's very useful or intuitive.

I figured out the issue. When u first open the EQ it has Ethernet and the graphic EQ settings, u don’t get the option to select any created or otherwise settings. If you switch to parametric EQ it has where u can turn off or on and select any created or otherwise settings. If you then switch back to graphic you can turn on or off the graphic EQ and select any created or otherwise settings.

Attachments

• IMG_0650.png
    IMG_0650.png
    172.6 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_0649.png
    IMG_0649.png
    175.5 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_0648.png
    IMG_0648.png
    178.1 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
And like now, if u have music playing u can’t change anything, to many bugs with this EQ change

And like now, if u have music playing u can’t change anything, to many bugs with this EQ change
Have you increased the font size (or display size) on your phone?

If so, please return to default.

I figured out the issue. When u first open the EQ it has Ethernet and the graphic EQ settings, u don’t get the option to select any created or otherwise settings.
I cannot quite confirm this with my Amp. The only restriction I see is that you can always just change the EQ for currently selected input.

The WiiM device will wake up from stand-by with the most recently used input selected. If this input is not Ethernet (or WiFi in case you are using that) but e.g. Line-In then you cannot change EQ settings for Ethernet (or WiFi). In the EQ settings you have to tap on e.g. Line In first and then you can change GEQ and PEQ settings while music is playing. No problem. You can load or save EQ presets, you can change the values of a preset without saving it, you can do whatever you like as long as you tap on the currently playing input in the EQ settings.

To manipulate EQ settings for a different input, e.g. Ethernet, you first have to switch the Audio Input to Ethernet and then go back to EQ settings.

That's it.

Have you increased the font size (or display size) on your phone?

If so, please return to default.
I had thought it was that and I made the text smaller and I could see a little but resetting it to default worked. Now I have to break out my old man glasses to see the smaller words. 🤣 -Thanks

I had thought it was that and I made the text smaller and I could see a little but resetting it to default worked. Now I have to break out my old man glasses to see the smaller words. 🤣 -Thanks
You could (and I think really should) still send feedback through the WiiM Home App, telling them about your experience.

A good app should be fully functional, regardless of user's selected text size.

Last edited:
Back