WiiM Pro Plus Firmware v4.8.623428 Update - Jul 17, 2024

WiiM Team

Administrator
Staff member
Please review the WiiM Pro Plus update release notes below. If you encounter any issues, feel free to reach out to us.

4.8.623428 (Latest)

Release date:

7 / 17 / 2024

What's New:

1. Samba Protocol: Now supports Samba for music playback, including DSD audio files. Requires Android app version 2.10.4 or later and the upcoming iOS update (2.10.6).

2. Media Player Optimization:

- Fixed issues with certain m3u8/HLS format audio.

- Displays original album artwork in the WiiM Home app when playing from a NAS.

- Resolved the issue preventing Sirius XM playback via Alexa.

Bug Fixes:

1. Pop Noise Fix: Reduced pop noise for Chromecast Audio.

2. Resampling Accuracy: Improved resampling accuracy in fixed sample rate resampling.

3. General Enhancements: Various performance improvements and bug fixes to enhance overall operation.

Last edited:
I just got received the update! I appreciate @WiiM Team for adding new features and improving WiiM devices.

Sorry for my ignorance on samba. Can someone please tell me how to use this feature?

You can play your music files from your network storage without using an upnp media server.

Thank you very much for supporting the HLS m3u8 stream, everything is finally working.

Last edited:
I have an Asus router. I connect an ext4 hard drive to the router. In the Asus settings I enable the samba server and give full public access. In the Wiim application I enter the Router address 192.168.1.1, login and password. And Wiim does not see folders and files. Wiim sees DLNA server. Other programs from your phone and tablet also see Samba folders. Only Wiim doesn't see it. What am I doing wrong?

After updating the Firmware my WiiM pro plus keeps waking itself up and playing music.
Regardless of whether i pause the music or turn the device off via the remote.
After a seemingly random amount of time the wiim wakes up and resumes playing music.
(I am using Tidal)

I have an Asus router. I connect an ext4 hard drive to the router. In the Asus settings I enable the samba server and give full public access. In the Wiim application I enter the Router address 192.168.1.1, login and password.
Did you include the share name after the IP e.g. \\192.168.1.1\music

I have an Asus router. I connect an ext4 hard drive to the router. In the Asus settings I enable the samba server and give full public access. In the Wiim application I enter the Router address 192.168.1.1, login and password. And Wiim does not see folders and files. Wiim sees DLNA server. Other programs from your phone and tablet also see Samba folders. Only Wiim doesn't see it. What am I doing wrong?
Instead of router address, input the server name as it appears in the other programs (for example mine appears as //ZENWIFI_XP4-645) this is how I did it with my Asus router.

Did you include the share name after the IP e.g. \\192.168.1.1\music
Instead of router address, input the server name as it appears in the other programs (for example mine appears as //ZENWIFI_XP4-645) this is how I did it with my Asus router.
I tried all the ways to connect wiim via samba. Writes an error. I entered both the IP address and the name of the disk, as other programs see it. I already suspect that maybe the samba version is not suitable? I have an old Asus and most likely there is version 1 of samba No. 1. I connected other hard drives to this router. It still says error when adding a folder. Apart from the samba version, I don’t know what to think about?!

I tried all the ways to connect wiim via samba. Writes an error. I entered both the IP address and the name of the disk, as other programs see it. I already suspect that maybe the samba version is not suitable? I have an old Asus and most likely there is version 1 of samba No. 1. I connected other hard drives to this router. It still says error when adding a folder. Apart from the samba version, I don’t know what to think about?!
Pass, sorry.

Please review the WiiM Pro Plus update release notes below. If you encounter any issues, feel free to reach out to us.

4.8.623428 (Latest)

Release date:

7 / 17 / 2024

What's New:

1. Samba Protocol: Now supports Samba for music playback, including DSD audio files. Requires Android app version 2.10.4 or later and the upcoming iOS update (2.10.6).

2. Media Player Optimization:

- Fixed issues with certain m3u8/HLS format audio.

- Displays original album artwork in the WiiM Home app when playing from a NAS.

- Resolved the issue preventing Sirius XM playback via Alexa.

Bug Fixes:

1. Pop Noise Fix: Reduced pop noise for Chromecast Audio.

2. Resampling Accuracy: Improved resampling accuracy in fixed sample rate resampling.

3. General Enhancements: Various performance improvements and bug fixes to enhance overall operation.
Thanks for this great upgrade. I can access without any issue to my samba music folders (HDDs in Asus router). However, DSD, whose file extension is .dsf are not recognized. Could you please let me know if there is any other way to play may DSD music? Or if .dsf is not yet implemented (note .dsf are the actual DSD files with metadata). Thanks in advance.

Thanks for this great upgrade. I can access without any issue to my samba music folders (HDDs in Asus router). However, DSD, whose file extension is .dsf are not recognized. Could you please let me know if there is any other way to play may DSD music? Or if .dsf is not yet implemented (note .dsf are the actual DSD files with metadata). Thanks in advance.
FWIW I can see dsf files via samba on the WiiM Amp

Back