WiiM Pro Plus - Review & Measurements

VintageFlanker

MainSmall.jpg

Last edited:
Glad to see the review & measurement, promising one

Only disappointment, ( because I anticipated ) is the lack of Coax IN and Volume control

View attachment 1849
Good to see your unit finally arrived and that you got a chance to test it :)

Glad to see the review & measurement, promising one

Only disappointment, ( because I anticipated ) is the lack of Coax IN and Volume control
There is no coax input in the Pro Plus. Volume control is essentially the same as in the Pro, the digital part didn't change.

Or maybe above is about your expectations regarding the device not the review?

Hi VintageFlanker, Onlyoneme.

I'm pleased to inform you that we have successfully identified and addressed the low-frequency IMD issue you previously brought to our attention. Our team has optimized the design to ensure improved performance.

I am eager to share the results of our efforts with you. As such, I will be sending you a new sample as soon as it becomes available for your review and feedback.

For your reference, I've included the IMD vs level results for both the new and old designs below. I trust these will provide a clear illustration of the improvements we've made.

I hope this information is clear and helpful. Please don't hesitate to reach out if you have any questions or need further clarification. Your feedback is invaluable to us. Thank you!

New
1691478963827.png

Old​

1691479002962.png

I'm pleased to inform you that we have successfully identified and addressed the low-frequency IMD issue you previously brought to our attention. Our team has optimized the design to ensure improved performance.

I am eager to share the results of our efforts with you. As such, I will be sending you a new sample as soon as it becomes available for your review and feedback.

For your reference, I've included the IMD vs level results for both the new and old designs below. I trust these will provide a clear illustration of the improvements we've made.

I hope this information is clear and helpful. Please don't hesitate to reach out if you have any questions or need further clarification. Your feedback is invaluable to us. Thank you!

New
View attachment 1863

Old​

View attachment 1864
the observation does not concern thd (or imd) vs level...but vs frequency
etc
but indeed vs level the difference is significant ;-)
;-)
(in the future will the various filters offered with this chip be accessible?)

Last edited:

New
View attachment 1863

Old​

View attachment 1864
Is this a hardware or firmware change?

Slightly more seriously, how will anyone buying a plus know whether it's from an early batch?

There is no coax input in the Pro Plus. Volume control is essentially the same as in the Pro, the digital part didn't change.

Or maybe above is about your expectations regarding the device not the review?
Its only my personnel expectation being a PRO user

Hope it get accomplished in the future Streamer model from WiiM

Its only my personnel expectation being a PRO user

Hope it get accomplished in the future Streamer model from WiiM
I misunderstand.. very general public steamer vs "pro use"
ps toslink spdif adapters etc little quality exists just in case
;-)

Last edited:

New
View attachment 1863

Old​

View attachment 1864
Thx for letting us know :) Plots above look promising indeed.

Again, guess it depends if it impacts audibility…
Hi Brantome, Onlyoneme, and Team

Our team has carefully evaluated the situation, and we believe that the current issue will not significantly impact the audibility for most users. However, we understand that every user's experience is unique and we value each perspective.

At WiiM, we are committed to continuous improvement. Whether the enhancements come from software or hardware, we are dedicated to making them. We believe that there is always room for growth and we are eager to take every opportunity to better our products.

Most importantly, we value transparency. We want to keep our users and community informed about our processes, decisions, and the steps we are taking to enhance our products. We believe that this open communication builds trust and fosters a stronger relationship with our users.

Hi Mr Ee,

"So my next thought was, is this now a Pro++ ?"
Trust me, there's no "Pro Plus Plus". The update will still be named Pro Plus. :)Thank you!

Hi Brantome, Onlyoneme, and Team

Our team has carefully evaluated the situation, and we believe that the current issue will not significantly impact the audibility for most users. However, we understand that every user's experience is unique and we value each perspective.

At WiiM, we are committed to continuous improvement. Whether the enhancements come from software or hardware, we are dedicated to making them. We believe that there is always room for growth and we are eager to take every opportunity to better our products.

Most importantly, we value transparency. We want to keep our users and community informed about our processes, decisions, and the steps we are taking to enhance our products. We believe that this open communication builds trust and fosters a stronger relationship with our users.

Hi Mr Ee,

"So my next thought was, is this now a Pro++ ?"
Trust me, there's no "Pro Plus Plus". The update will still be named Pro Plus. :)Thank you!
Thanks for the openness and clarity :)

will we have in the future the choice of filters offered by akm with this chip? or is it now frozen?
everyone knows that one of the big questions going on..is..how many bands for this pec on pro-pro+
only 4...
?
;-)

will we have in the future the choice of filters offered by akm with this chip? or is it now frozen?
everyone knows that one of the big questions going on..is..how many bands for this pec on pro-pro+
only 4...
?
;-)
Hi Canard,

1. With the updated WiiM Home App, you now have the flexibility to select and set up to six different filter types for Pro Plus.

2. In regards to the Parametric Equalizer (PEQ), we are currently supporting four bands. However, we understand that our users may have diverse needs and preferences. Therefore, we are committed to continuously improving this feature based on the valuable feedback we receive from users like you. If there is a demand for more bands, we are fully prepared to incorporate this into future firmware updates.

Thank you!

Back