WiiM Pro Plus

The Wiim Pro is modeled after Sonos' design, so thay won't want to add ugly warts to a square box.

In my own narrow egocentric it will be a pro. Leave all the important things behind the entry point.

Hopefully a next battlefield will not be opened 😉 digital vs analog volume controls. Another never ending story about pros and cons...
I don't fight battles over such modest things, in fact I have said that its absence does not cause the value to collapse.
The lack of a headphone jack is even more important.

Yes, but the answer was about the possibility to get a "velvetsound" solution already "without breaking the bank with expensive DACs", nothing more.
I was merely saying that there are expensive combos too in juxtaposition to your statement that there are cheap options, not necessarily in response to the original question :)

I don't fight battles over such modest things, in fact I have said that its absence does not cause the value to collapse.
The lack of a headphone jack is even more important.
It was more a general hope, not related to your posts. But in contradiction to the empathic phrase that hope would die last I decided for me to let hope die and wait for facts 😉

It was more a general hope, not related to your posts. But in contradiction to the empathic phrase that hope would die last I decided for me to let hope die and wait for facts 😉
I haven't opened my Wiim Pro yet, so I don't know how much free space is available.
If there's space, adding a 15V power outlet and a small MOSFET class A headphone amplifier is simple.
On the front panel there is plenty of space for the headphones jack.

I haven't opened my Wiim Pro yet, so I don't know how much free space is available.
If there's space, adding a 15V power outlet and a small MOSFET class A headphone amplifier is simple.
On the front panel there is plenty of space for the headphones jack.
Will there be any impact in the performance, when an headphone Amp along the DAC implemented in a streamer or Desktop DAC ?

Somewhere I read that there is some difference in the performance of a DAC with /without an headphone Amp

I don't know how far it is true, neither I have checked it nor I'm a tech guy

Knowledgeable people can clarify the same

TIA

I was merely saying that there are expensive combos too in juxtaposition to your statement that there are cheap options, not necessarily in response to the original question :)
Sure. Usually the same chips are used, although the devices that implement them can vary greatly in price.

It would be interesting if we had photos of the internal of WiiM pro plus and an insight on the specific components that were used

Will there be any impact in the performance, when an headphone Amp along the DAC implemented in a streamer or Desktop DAC ?

Somewhere I read that there is some difference in the performance of a DAC with /without an headphone Amp

I don't know how far it is true, neither I have checked it nor I'm a tech guy

Knowledgeable people can clarify the same

TIA

The headphone amplifier is downstream of the DAC, so it cannot affect its performance.
However it is better not to power an amplifier with the 5V available in the Wiim Pro, power and voltage are not enough.
At that point we start from the 15V well filtered necessary for the amplifier and we also get the 5V for the tuner.
If this is not done right it can have a negative impact.

Reactions: SiR
Maybe they could bifurcate this - AIO solution one product and no DAC built-in another product but with USB-C out.
I think that without integrated DAC only family members of the designers would buy it

Two surveys have to be done.

1.Percentage of wiim mini/pro users that use the built in dac.

2. Same for wiim pro plus after time passes .

Two surveys have to be done.

1.Percentage of wiim mini/pro users that use the built in dac.

2. Same for wiim pro plus after time passes .
Don't confuse what customers use with what know they bought with their money.

Audiophonics listed price: 250 euros

The WiiM Pro+ is a compact, extremely versatile and high-performance audiophile streamer that transforms a conventional audio system into a connected system. It opens the door to music streaming via WiFi and Bluetooth 5.0, and is compatible with numerous transmission modes such as DLNA/UPnP, AirPlay 2, Google Chromecast, Alexa Music Cast, Spotify Connect and Tidal Connect. Several units can also be used in combination to set up a true multi-room system, with full remote control via the WiiM App mobile application or a voice assistant such as Alexa, Google Assistant or Siri.
The WiiM Pro+ is an improved version of the WiiM Pro, incorporating a better DAC and ADC as well as more efficient OPAs. Its performance, particularly with regard to its line input and output, has been revised upwards, with improved SNR and THD+N for even more accurate and transparent sound reproduction. The main improvements to the WiiM Pro+ are :
  • A better ADC for line input: WiiM Pro+ uses a TI Burr-Brown PCM1861 ADC, supporting 32bit 192kHz PCM streams at output, with an SNR of 110dB.
  • Ultra-low-noise clock, power supply and circuitry: The WiiM Pro+ features an ultra-low-noise clock and power supply and a PCB design optimised to achieve a THD+N of less than -110dB for the analogue output.
  • AKM DAC and TI OPAs for improved line output quality: A new-generation AKM AK4493SEQ DAC is now used to achieve a very low level of distortion and a wide dynamic range thanks to AKM Velvet Sound technology. This chip supports PCM streams up to 768kHz and DSD up to DSD512 while achieving an SNR of 120dB (A-wt) and a THD+N of -110dB.
  • Remote control: A voice remote control is now included, allowing you to control the WiiM Pro+ from the comfort of your sofa, without having to take out your phone.

I don’t know but I would expect so
Audiophonics listed price: 250 euros

The WiiM Pro+ is a compact, extremely versatile and high-performance audiophile streamer that transforms a conventional audio system into a connected system. It opens the door to music streaming via WiFi and Bluetooth 5.0, and is compatible with numerous transmission modes such as DLNA/UPnP, AirPlay 2, Google Chromecast, Alexa Music Cast, Spotify Connect and Tidal Connect. Several units can also be used in combination to set up a true multi-room system, with full remote control via the WiiM App mobile application or a voice assistant such as Alexa, Google Assistant or Siri.
The WiiM Pro+ is an improved version of the WiiM Pro, incorporating a better DAC and ADC as well as more efficient OPAs. Its performance, particularly with regard to its line input and output, has been revised upwards, with improved SNR and THD+N for even more accurate and transparent sound reproduction. The main improvements to the WiiM Pro+ are :
  • A better ADC for line input: WiiM Pro+ uses a TI Burr-Brown PCM1861 ADC, supporting 32bit 192kHz PCM streams at output, with an SNR of 110dB.
  • Ultra-low-noise clock, power supply and circuitry: The WiiM Pro+ features an ultra-low-noise clock and power supply and a PCB design optimised to achieve a THD+N of less than -110dB for the analogue output.
  • AKM DAC and TI OPAs for improved line output quality: A new-generation AKM AK4493SEQ DAC is now used to achieve a very low level of distortion and a wide dynamic range thanks to AKM Velvet Sound technology. This chip supports PCM streams up to 768kHz and DSD up to DSD512 while achieving an SNR of 120dB (A-wt) and a THD+N of -110dB.
  • Remote control: A voice remote control is now included, allowing you to control the WiiM Pro+ from the comfort of your sofa, without having to take out your phone.
at 220 dollars or 250 euro significantly changes the situation

Back