WiiM pro reversing stereo channels through the SPDIF input

DangeRuss

I have my WiiM pro installed between my CD player and DAC. And when using the SPDIF input to play CD's the channels are intermittently reversed (L/R to R/L) ...... I've tried reseating the cables, swapping them out completely and rebooting the unit several times to no avail. Are there any upcoming upgrades to solve this issue ?

Last edited:
So, I've been using my Wiim Pro with the same settings as before for a couple more days now and only manged to reproduce this once without clear indication why it happened. When it happened I put my Wiim into standby then back up via the remote, but the issue was still there, and after a second standby and back on from the remote it fixed itself. Seems like it's a pretty rare occurence, likely they've fixed most of the causes and only some edge cases are left.

So, I've been using my Wiim Pro with the same settings as before for a couple more days now and only manged to reproduce this once without clear indication why it happened. When it happened I put my Wiim into standby then back up via the remote, but the issue was still there, and after a second standby and back on from the remote it fixed itself. Seems like it's a pretty rare occurence, likely they've fixed most of the causes and only some edge cases are left.
Hopefully you managed to submit a ticket so WiiM could further investigate it by inspecting your device logs …

Most importantly: Also provide feedback (that's WiiM's wording for opening a ticket) through the WiiM Home App. Device logs will be sent along with your description plus you can add pictures.

This issue appeared to have been fixed some time ago, but obviously not so (under all circumstances).
Like the toslink input sensing delay it seems to be recurring. I regularly check Norwegian Wood by the Beatles to check.

Back