WiiM Ultra Firmware v5.2.623336 Update - Jul 16, 2024

WiiM Team

Administrator
Staff member
Please review the WiiM Ultra update release notes below. If you encounter any issues, feel free to reach out to us.

5.2.623336 (Latest)

Release date:

7 / 16 / 2024

What's New:

1. Screen Display Enhancements:

- Highlighted the currently playing Preset.

- Playlists with over 200 songs are now shown across multiple pages.

- Album covers are displayed without stretching.

- Custom EQ options are now available for selection.

- Addressed various other screen issues for a smoother and more reliable experience.

2. Shared Folder: Now supports Samba protocol for music playback, including DSD audio files. Compatible with Android app version 2.10.4+ and the upcoming iOS update.

What's New:
  1. Bitrate Display for Optical In and HDMI: The correct bitrate for Optical In and HDMI is now shown on the WiiM Home app and screen display.
  2. Bluetooth Playback Improvement: Resolved playback stuttering when the WiiM Ultra is connected to 2.4G Wi-Fi.
  3. Dolby Audio Playback Improvement: Resolved Dolby Audio playback stuttering via HDMI when the output resolution is 44.1kHz.
  4. General Enhancements: Various performance improvements and bug fixes to enhance overall operation.

Last edited:
Please review the WiiM Pro update release notes below. If you encounter any issues, feel free to reach out to us.

5.2.623336 (Latest)

Release date:

7 / 16 / 2024

What's New:

1. Screen Display Enhancements:

- Highlighted the currently playing Preset.

- Playlists with over 200 songs are now shown across multiple pages.

- Album covers are displayed without stretching.

- Custom EQ options are now available for selection.

- Addressed various other screen issues for a smoother and more reliable experience.

2. Shared Folder: Now supports Samba protocol for music playback, including DSD audio files. Compatible with Android app version 2.10.4+ and the upcoming iOS update.

What's New:
  1. Bitrate Display for Optical In and HDMI: The correct bitrate for Optical In and HDMI is now shown on the WiiM Home app and screen display.
  2. Bluetooth Playback Improvement: Resolved playback stuttering when the WiiM Ultra is connected to 2.4G Wi-Fi.
  3. Dolby Audio Playback Improvement: Resolved Dolby Audio playback stuttering via HDMI when the output resolution is 44.1kHz.
  4. General Enhancements: Various performance improvements and bug fixes to enhance overall operation.

Custom EQs are now displayed on the Ultra screen. Starting from the top left, up to four custom PEQs, custom GEQs, and preset GEQs are displayed.

1000006381.jpg

I have found one bug, which has already been reported. (Ticket No. 507428)

The buttons for custom PEQ and custom GEQ might be better displayed in different colors. (Ex: dark gray and light gray).

Thanks. 😊👍

Custom EQs are now displayed on the Ultra screen. Starting from the top left, up to four custom PEQs, custom GEQs, and preset GEQs are displayed.

View attachment 9156

I have found one bug, which has already been reported. (Ticket No. 507428)

The buttons for custom PEQ and custom GEQ might be better displayed in different colors. (Ex: dark gray and light gray).

Thanks. 😊👍

Could you please confirm what it’s possible to include in the customised EQs.

Example, can I customise one for headphones (digital out, no sub, PEQ for those phones) and another for speakers (analogue RCA outs for L, R and sub, base management for sub, PEQ for those speakers and to correct room).

Could you please confirm what it’s possible to include in the customised EQs.

Example, can I customise one for headphones (digital out, no sub, PEQ for those phones) and another for speakers (analogue RCA outs for L, R and sub, base management for sub, PEQ for those speakers and to correct room).
Don’t think so - it’s just custom EQs, not profile settings

Just got this ultra update.
Remote no longer paired with ultra.
This is the first time this has happened over the numerous updates its had..

Edit: Strange - I would have sworn the remote icon wasn't next to the ultra after the reboot, but it's there now!
All good after all!

Last edited:
Don’t think so - it’s just custom EQs, not profile settings
Surely they amount to the same thing. If you make a custom eq, it is a profile setting no? You just have to change it manually? I don't get the distinction. Thanks.

Surely they amount to the same thing. If you make a custom eq, it is a profile setting no? You just have to change it manually? I don't get the distinction. Thanks.
All of these terms are man-made, none of them stems from a law of nature. :) What one manufacturer calls a setting, another might call a profile or whatever.

In this case the intention is pretty clear. You can save a set of EQ parameters as a named setting. If you could combine multiple settings to change them all with one click or even assign it to something acting as a trigger to automatically apply it, this might be called a profile.

No magic, just lose convention.

Back