WiiM Ultra Firmware v5.2.625658 Update - Aug 8, 2024

WiiM Team

Administrator
Staff member
Please review the WiiM Ultra update release notes below. If you encounter any issues, feel free to reach out to us.

5.2.625658 (Latest)

Release date:
8 / 8 / 2024

What's New:
  1. Chromecast Enhancements:
    - Update Chromecast SDK for a better listening experience.
    - Resolved playback stuttering on certain speakers via digital outputs.
  2. Bluetooth Playback Upgrade: Enhanced Bluetooth playback to reduce latency and eliminate stuttering issues.
  3. Pre-Gain Feature: Added logic for Pre-Gain functionality. Available in the next app update. Check this article for details.
  4. Playback Enhancements:
    - Addressed an issue where Amazon Music and Deezer playback unexpectedly stopped.
    - Fixed a bug preventing Amazon Music and Audible from playing via Alexa.
  5. SSL Certificates Update: Updated SSL Certificates to resolve the TuneIn playback issue in Alexa Multi-room audio.
  6. Voice Control: Added support for switching to Phono input via Alexa for WiiM voice remote.
Bug Fixes:
  1. USB Output Improvement: Resolved the playback distortion issue with the S24_3LE format.
  2. General Enhancements: Various bug fixes and performance improvements for a smoother experience.

Last edited:
I wonder if this pregain will be adjusted automatically based on measured rc to avoid clipping.

I think that’s what most would have expected. It’ll be interesting to see the impact of this v. the volume limit setting which many use to temper the results of their peq settings.
I would like to see a pregain in conjunction with rc. Someday, rc will become from evolution to revolutionary as wiim still tweaking and adding features.

I'm disappointed.
It might be useful to amplify a signal from some sources but it doesn't help with maintaining an appropriate headroom when multiple peq profiles are used.
Yeah, while I can see some use for what they have implemented here, it should be a value they compute like REW and perhaps offer a toggle on the peq screen to apply it.

Back