WiiM Ultra Firmware v5.2.625658 Update - Aug 8, 2024

As a new WiiM customer, I'm impressed at the speed of which they produce SW updates!

I like the new Pre-Gain Feature, well done!

I haven’t got the update. Can you take a snapshot? Thanks!

This appears to be a new feature added to the volume settings for Per-source Volume control.
1000006586.jpg

Edit,
I can't imagine how meaningful this feature would be, since currently it is not possible to set the device's default volume..🤔

Is this used with PEQ per source?

Last edited:
This appears to be a new feature added to the volume settings for Per-source Volume control.
View attachment 10242

Edit,
I can't imagine how meaningful this feature would be, since currently it is not possible to set the device's default volume..🤔

Is this used with PEQ per source?
If you have high gain power amp like 32db gain, this will help you lower input gain which in turn lower the volume control being too sensitive of getting too loud. I think this take away the bit perfect.

Chromecast is still resampled to 48 kHz.
wiim amp work without issue. Ultra not only slow when hit play it drops qoboz high resolution to cd. I have the latest firmware that include pregain. Is the amp and ultra chromecast different?

The Audio Help Center article says, supported on WiiM Home App 2.11.0 or higher.
Can anybody see the pre-gain setting on WHA 2.11.0 for Android? I can't.

The Audio Help Center article says, supported on WiiM Home App 2.11.0 or higher.
Can anybody see the pre-gain setting on WHA 2.11.0 for Android? I can't.
I think I read somewhere that the Android app would be released next week. My app is 2.11.0 but was released on August 5th before this later one was announced.

I think I read somewhere that the Android app would be released next week. My app is 2.11.0 but was released on August 5th before this later one was announced.
Yep. Some info doesn't really match regarding the Android version.

Pregain is great. Now, I can return line out to 2V where it was 800mv. By lowering the WiFi gain to -3d, it made the volume control much more fine tuned. Thanks wiim!

wiim amp work without issue. Ultra not only slow when hit play it drops qoboz high resolution to cd. I have the latest firmware that include pregain. Is the amp and ultra chromecast different?
Yeah, they are working on it.Something different on Ultra that is causing this.

Back